2nd chances

Helena's pov

I stormed downstairs to the common room still furious at not only Angelina but at Katie for agreeing with her.

I curled up in a small armchair in front of the fire and wrapped myself in a blanket. I sat deep in my thoughts watching the flames dance, making shadows on my face.

...
"Miss Snow would you like to tell me where I would find a bezoar? Miss Snow. MISS SNOW!"

I opened my eyes to see Snape staring at me looking more frustrated than normal.

"Miss Snow unless you would like a week's detention cleaning the cauldrons, then I suggest you stay awake in my class." Snape sneered.

" sorry professor"

I was so tired after last night. As it turns out the armchairs in the common room aren't the best for sleeping on.

I turned the page of my text book to start reading the next part on antidotes.

"Pssst Helena."

I looked around the class room to see who was trying to talk to me.

I saw max sending me a origami Bird.

It landed in my hand. I started to unfold it to read what was inside. It read
Helena meet me in the courtyard after charms we have to talk
Max

I turned to look at him only to see him blushing. I Smiled slightly at him before turning my attention back to snape.

...
All the way though charms I kept checking the clock hoping that the lesson would go by quickly.

It didnt .

I stared at the note max gave me with butterflies in my stomach. I was surprised at how my feelings for him had changed so quickly. I mean yeah he came of fast at first but now it seemed like he really liked me, and after all we have known each other for two years.

Time skip

When class was dismissed I gathered my things quickly and dashed out of the room. I wasn't even paying attention to anything else I just wanted to get to the courtyard.

Once I got outside I saw max sat on a bench looking nervous.

I made my way over to where he was sitting and he stood up immediately.

Max looked into my eyes.

"Hi, um... I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for last night I was acting like a prick and I probably got you in loads of trouble. So I... I understand if you don't want to go on that date anymore." He stumbled over his words.

He looked at the floor in shame I could tell he really hated himself for last night even though it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Max why would you think that. Ive known you for two years I know you're not normally a cocky git."

He lifted head in shock at my response.

"I actually would still like to go on that date with you. Just as long as you don't act like an asshat anymore." I giggled softly.

" really you would? "

I nodded at him reassuring him that I meant what I said.

"Great. That's great. We have our first hogsmede visit next month, do you wanna go with me?"

" yeah I'd like that. I look forward to it already. Oh and for now let's not go near my brother, if he found out he'd probably snap your neck. "

"Yeah that might be a good idea. Anyway we should probably go to lunch I'll see you in there."  he said whilst walking back inside.

I walked into the great hall and saw Angelina sitting with Katie at the far end away from the rest of my group.

I took a seat next to Joanna and licia as usual.

Fred's pov

I was in charms bored out of my mind. I kept in thinking about what Lee and George told me.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop thinking about the moment when I caught Helena from falling and the way she looked at me.

As soon as professor flitwick  dismissed the class I saw Helena rush out of the class as fast as she could.

...
When I was making my way to the great hall for lunch I noticed Helena with max talking in the courtyard.

I stood there watching them until I felt a hand in my shoulder.

"You better tell her how you feel before Blondie does."

I turned to face George with Lee standing behind him.

"How many times do I have to tell you we're just friends." I told him

" oh I'm sorry Fred I must have misread the way you look at her, how you play with her hair as she sleeps, how you're super protective over her and not in a brotherly kind of way. I'm just gonna leave you with that to think about. " he said going to lunch.

I followed George and lee to lunch and sat down beside them.

This is the shortest chapter ever so sorry for that I hope you enjoyed it.❤
Stay safe luv ya.