Changes

Helena's pov

I sat at the Gryffindor table in between Alicia and Joanna piling food onto my plate.

"blimey nelly how many people are you eating for?" lee guffawed whilst sitting down opposite Alicia.

I stopped stacking food to glare at him, turning my eyes from my usual bottle green to a brownish red. 

"lee leave her alone. she eats a normal amount of food." George said defending me and sitting down next to him.

"thank you Geor-" I started but was cut off

"for a troll maybe" he added. 

My jaw clenched as I clenched my fists. My hair and eyes turning dark red. I glared at him so hard I thought I was going to burn holes in his robes.

As I was about to insult him back Fred strolled in behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders making me jump a little. He leaned down to grab a chicken wing off of my plate.

"Don't kill him Helena, he's only teasing. besides I need my twin. you can kill lee instead." he winked and grinned.

"wha! why me?" I heard  Lee whine.

Fred leaned down to whisper in my ear. "we can plan a prank on them later if you want love."

I gave him a small smile to let him know I was in. My hair faded back to its original ash blonde and my eyes to there usual bottle green but slowly changed the shade to emerald. my body turned to face him only to find he had let go of my shoulders to steal more food off my plate. My head followed him as he moved around the table to slot in between George and Lee. 

I gave him a playful glare as he started to munch on some pork.

...

After lunch we all made our way to flying class. 

Joanna told the others to go on ahead so she could talk to me. we watched the others nod and carry on walking. 

Joanna pulled me to the side into a small arch sandwiched between two pillars.

I grinned "this is cosy" I chortled 

"shut up." she giggled and pushed me away. "alright be honest, what happened with Max?" she asked.

I gave her a look of surprise. to which she replied.

"I saw him give you the note in potions, and then I saw you sprinting at super sonic speed to get out of charms." she raised her eyebrow and smirked at me.

"fine okay he did give me a note." I huffed while she squealed in excitement.

"so what did he want to talk about?"

"he wanted to apologise for getting me in trouble." I said "and then he asked me on a date."

Joanna's face lit up and she pulled me into a bone crushing hug. 

"oh my Godrick this is amazing. my baby's first date. oh you're growing up so fast." she fake wiped a tear off her face. 

...

after the brief talk Joanna and I ran off to catch up with the others so we weren't late to class. we knew if we were, madam hooch would make us clean the quidditch changing rooms.

We managed to catch up with the others before they got onto the field.

I walked next to Fred on the way there. All of a sudden he scooped me up into his arms taking me by surprise. he laughed at me as I squealed and squirmed trying to break loose.

Fred placed me back down on my feet and carried on walking.

I adjusted myself to get ready to run at him. I ran up and jumped on his back tackling him to the ground. we lay on the floor in a heap howling with laughter. 

"Snow! there is no need to smother Weasley in my class. you can do that in your own time." I heard a stern yet somehow soft voice announce.

I immediately stood up and placed myself next to Joanna. I could feel my face become hot as I blushed.  

"right now we've all settled down id like you to go and collect your brooms from the sheds, come back and start practicing." 

Joanna's pov

 Once Helena and Fred pulled apart and stood up she made her way over to stand next to me. 

I liked that Max had asked Helena out and I was happy for her, but I'd always thought that her and Fred would make a cute couple. I turned my head to see her blushing with her contemplating the floor. from the day I met Helena she'd always hang out with the twins and lee doing pranks and running around the school at night reeking havoc with peeves, she seemed closer to Fred, like they had some sort of hidden bond that nobody could break.

We all did as madam Hooch had said and went to collect our brooms. When I was admiring my broom I overheard someone talking, I knew it was wrong to listen in so I just ignored it and grasped the neck of my broomstick. I turned to walk back to the field when I heard Helena's name being whispered. quickly, I recognised the voices as Angelina and Katie. 

I made my way out of the shed doors and round to the outside back of the shed. i pressed my head against the wood trying to hear what they were saying.

"Did you see Helena and Fred earlier? "

"yeah. But did you know that Max asked Helena out on a date?"

"no way. why would he ask her out." Katie gasped

"I don't know. but I do have an idea of how to stop it from happening." Angelina muttered with mischievous grin plastered on her face. 

They walked out in silence. Angelina looked pleased with herself, but I noticed that Katie looked worried and guilty.

Katie and Helena were friends, and I knew Katie really liked Helena. she liked hanging out with the boys and me and Alicia, but she never admitted it. She was always happy when she was around us, we were like a family. Everyone looked out for each other. 

Sure we all had occasional little spats but we ended up resolving them quite soon,  that's what families do they fight, a lot. 

I missed Katie so did Alicia and I knew that Nelly did too. 

I just hope that we would be okay soon, so we could just go back to what it used to be. 

Before Angelina.

Hi thanks for reading this and i hope you enjoyed it. 

yes I know that Angelina is the antagonist at the moment but that will change. After all she is supposed to be good. um yeah I kinda don't like how i made her obsessed with max, my main goal was her swooning over Fred but I have it all worked out in my head now so don't worry.

anyways luv ya lots stay safe.

Xxx