f i v e

mark went back to their room to get ready for morning after the long and hectic morning he had been through only to see hyuk crying on the bed with a letter in his hands

"donghyuk? are you alright?" he asks stepping into the room and watching and hyuk quickly put the letter aside and wipes his tears nodding at mark. "don't lie to me,"

"i'm fine, just don't meddle into my business,"

"i hadn't seen your parents today, are they alright?"

"they had taken my sister and brother and gone home,"

"do you wish you had gone with them?"

"mark, i don't wish to talk about it, so please-"

"give me your hand,"

"mark-"

"please," mark pleads and the younger complies, giving his hand to his husband who takes the boy's ring and places it on his rjng finger, doing the same with his own hand then holding the younger's again

"what on earth are you doing?"

"we have to keep it on, its castle rules, if a citizen catches us without it we might be in big trouble,"

"of course that's all you care about," hyuk scoffs, tears still falling from his eyes making mark feel super guilty

"i don't know how to say this but, I'm sorry, about your whole home thing and i want you to know that this is now your new home, well, not yet but we can make it whatever we want it to be,"

"i know that you're trying to make me feel better, but, i don't want to make a new home, i don't want change,"

"its inevitable isnt it though? change?"

"but this is drastic,"

"trust me, if i could go back and not marry you, i would, however there is nothing we can do," mark sighs "you can't continue making my life miserable for something that i couldn't possibly control,"

"I'm not trying to make your life miserable, you're just sick of me,"

"no, im sick of you not trying,"

"trying what?"

"to adjust,"

"it's not as easy as you think,"

"nothing comes easy, but you have to make a choice here, it's either yourself, or your people,"

"all you care about is are the stupid people! I'm a human being standing in front of you, my feelings matter too," donghyuk adds and leaves the room. mark follows him and holds his wrist.

"I'm human too arent i?"

"and..."

"i have emotions too, and i can't keep having you treat me badly,"

"are we done? I'm not in the mood to argue,"

"fine, do as you please,"