A New Friend

Phil

I slammed my fist on my desk and glared at the twats that I called my classmates.

"Shut your bloody mouths you bunch of twats!!" I growled angrily, with venom dripping from my words.

Everyone around me went silent. I could tell that no one expected me to stand up for the boy everyone called a 'freak'. I was the most popular guy in school, but that didn't matter to me. What mattered was the boy who ran out of the classroom in tears. I could feel my anger grow as I stormed out of the classroom.

They had no right to make fun of the boy. They've never gotten the chance to know who he was. I thought as I made my way towards the bathroom. And that poor boy looked absolutely terrified...

Once I entered the bathroom, I walked over to the mirror and took a few deep breaths. I had to calm down before I did something stupid.

"They're just a bunch of bloody twats, Phil... Just one more year and you'll be out of here..."

"... I thought I was the only one who talked to myself..."

I jumped slightly and quickly spun around to see who else was in the bathroom. I looked down and saw that the boy from earlier was sitting on the bathroom floor with tear-stained cheeks and knees drawn up to his chest. My heart ached at the fake smile plastered on his face. It hurt me to see him smile through his pain and tears.

I pushed my fringe out of my eyes and slowly walked over to him.

"May I sit?"

~*~*~*~

Dan

I looked up at the boy standing in front of me and wondered why he was being so kind. I wasn't used to it. Everyone was always rude and hurtful towards me, but not this boy. With hesitation, I nodded slowly and watched him curiously.

"S-sure..." I stuttered, trying to hide my tears.

"I'm Phil."

"I know..." I then looked down at my knees. "I-I mean, everyone knows who you are... Yo-our yout-t-tube channel..." I finished, not bothering to look up.

"Yeah... So, your Dan... I like your writing."

My head snapped up and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You do?" I lowered my eyes again and fought back new tears. "I-if your go-o-oing t-to beat me u-up, d-do it qu-qu-quickly..." My voice came out quiet and broken.

"Dan..." Phil started softly, "I'm not going to hurt you. In fact, I want to be friends."

I looked up to see Phil smiling warmly at me with that smile that made my heart melt. During every video. Every laugh. Every joke, my crush got stronger. And now, Phil wanted to be my friend.

But that's all he'll ever be... A small voice in my mind whispered, but I ignored it.

"Friends? ... I.. I'd like that." Not noticing that I had barely stuttered.

I watched as Phil jumped up from the floor and grinned at me.

"Awesome!" He shouted as he pulled me up from the floor. "Let's go to my house!"

If someone had told me, if I had known, that taking that hand was going to to change my life. Was going keep me up and make me laugh. Make me cry. Would I have taken it? I have no clue. But I did. And I smiled, for what seemed like the first time in years.

A real smile.

********************************************************

Hello lovely people!! ^-^

This is Little Red (aka @LexiShadowkit)!

I am helping out my amazing new best friend @Phantastic101 since she is unable to update her story at the moment.

Please follow, comment, and vote!! It would mean a lot to her! ^-^