Free

Dan

I sat in the wheelchair, and kept my eyes closed. It had been three months since I had woken up. Three months to tech me how to walk again, and fully function. 

As we hit the outside world, I winced at the bright light. Phil stopped for a second.

"Sorry," He said. I sighed but smiled. 

"Stop apologizing for everything. You don't control the sun." I said with a giggle, so he knew I was playing with him. Looking at him I saw the nervous smile on his face. It was cute.

Phil didn't say anything else as he pushed me to the car. It was still the same Impala from before. I bit my lip, expecting the a fear to be there, but there was none, and that confused me. It confused me because I didn't remember how I even got the fear of cars. 

"You okay Dan?" Phil asked me. 

I nodded and stood up, only swaying slightly. He reached out to catch me, but I waved him away. 

"I'm fine." I said and opened the passenger side door. Climbing in, I looked around the car. It looked like someone had been living in there. 

There were cloths everywhere, and a blanket spreed across the seats.

I decided to not say anything to Phil, because he had been through enough, and didn't need me to question him.

I watched Phil climb into the  car and start it. 

"Seat belt?" He asked.

Nodding I put it on. 

"Seat belt." I mimicked. then giggled.  He rolled his eyes and put it on. He said something around the lines of, 'Yes your majesty.'

I looked out my window as he started to drive. Watching the trees, cars, and houses pass by for what seemed like hours. 

We pulled up to a house around seven or eight. (Reference! Whoever gets it first, gets a cookie!)

It was a big house, or at least looked like it. It had a garden around it and a long driveway. A huge archway was covering the entrance. 

I guess I blanked out for a few minutes, because the next thing I knew, I was inside and on a couch. It was rather comfy. 

"Phil?" I asked when I didn't see him in the room.

"In the kitchen love!" He called out, I then smelled the food that was being cooked. God it smelt good. 

I realized that finally, It was over. I was, well, free.