Chapter 5

I didn't know how to end this chapter because I wanted to type something else but then I didn't. Blah. But yeah, my semester has started and they're already giving us back to back projects so I will try to update whenever I can. Anyways Enjoy!

-------------------------------------

The clattering from outside the door woke me. My eyes peeking open at my surroundings as I shivered against the cold water. I ended up falling asleep in the tub...

The door was shut as the noise picked up, foot steps could be heard drawing closer. "Tate?" Nyx had called searching for me.

I stood pushing my soaked body from the tub. I grabbed the soft towel wrapping it around me as I sneezed. My body erupting in goosebumps at the chilly air against my soaked skin.

"Tate?" He knocked on the door. I pulled it open sneezing again.

"Welcome Back." I sneezed.

His eyes moved from over me to the tub. His eyes searching for something. "Did you fall asleep?" He questioned, his arms reaching over me grabbing another towel. I was soon buried in the softness letting him dry me off.

"You could tell?"

"Well there's no steam from the tub. And its cold in here." I sneezed and nodded.

"Sorry. I was lost in thought."

"About?" He questioned ruffling my hair with the towel. The water trickling down my legs and to the floor. I guess I'd missed my mother doing this to me when I was little so I let him continue.

"My family."

His hands soon slowed, the towel being pulled down around my neck as his orange eyes met mines. He stared at me in silence, his face serious than usual. I just stood there not sure what to do. Had I said something wrong? His fingers moved through my damp hair as I closed my eyes soon at the rubbing to my scalp.

"And thinking about them, does it make you happy or sad?" He asked lowly. My eyes fluttered open at his words. His body drew close, his arms snaking around me as he bent down.

Lifted into his chest I stared at him, our eyes now leveled. "Both?" I questioned.

He turned heading to my room as I was sat on the bed. Without question he went to the closet pulling out some night clothes.

I kept getting a weird feeling about Nyx but I couldn't point it out. Maybe it was right there in my face but I couldn't see it with all of his kindness blinding me? It wasn't his eyes that were weird. I mean that was weird, but who was I to judge. My hair matched his eyes as if there was something meant to be. But it was his behavior that seemed to make me question things.

"Nyx," I called though he was already looking at me. The clothes being sat in my lap as I looked up at him. His black strand out of place from a day at work. Those orange eyes glowing in question. "Can I come to town with you tomorrow?"

"Why?" He questioned pulling at the strings of his shirt to loosen it around his neck some.

"Well. I want to work and help you out. And you've been nice to me, and you brought me, so I can't just laze around and do nothing." I mumbled nearly speaking the words my father said. I needed to help or I would become useless.

And maybe Nyx would come to hate me too.

"Whose money bought you?" He questioned after a long period of silence. He seemed to be thinking or something.

"Um, yours?"

"So, shouldn't I have the power of saying if you have to work or not?" He questioned. My eyes lowering at his words. Power huh. If he put it that way it made everything clear. I was bought and what ever he said went. No defying it.