[P.1] Oikawa's voice

You checked the alarm clock on the bedside table in Oikawa's room for the thirtieth time, 2:35 A.M.

 He was reading some boring astronomy book sitting by his desk as you laid on his bed. He told you to get some sleep if you were tired, but you just couldn't seem to close your eyes. 

 You were the one to show up at Oikawa's place at midnight because of how stressed you were. Normally you wouldn't even bother visiting someone if your stress levels were that high, but with him it was different. 

No matter how far you had to go or how long it would take, you still would do anything to see him. His presence alone was comforting, and you couldn't think of any better way to cope with your problems. 

 Time kept passing and you still couldn't fall asleep, Oikawa noticed this after some minutes. He put down his book and brought his chair closer to the bed. "You can't fall asleep?" he asked with a rather teasing tone. "Do you wanna talk about something instead?" "I don't know. I don't even know why I came here," you sighed. "Well I thought it was obvious," he replied trying to tease you again. "It's because you love me so much and you just wanted to see me." You tried to laugh, but your voice was too weak at the moment. It sounded more like a shaky chuckle.

 "Yeah, more or less," you honestly couldn't think of anything else to say. Your mind was too full with thoughts to even tease Oikawa back. You took another look around the room hoping that an interesting thing would suddenly appear, until something caught your eye. In the corner beside the desk laid a dusty acoustic guitar.

You haven't noticed it before and you couldn't help but ask about it. "What's with that guitar? Do you know how to play it?" Oikawa looked at it too and smiled in embarrassment. His sassy attitude quickly vanished. 

 "Well... I used to play it and sing to myself some years ago..." he chuckled a little bit. "But I haven't played in a long time, I don't think I can still do it." "Oh come on, at least try it!" "I've never played or sung in front of anyone else before, but I think I could try." 

 You victoriously smiled as you watched Oikawa grab the guitar and tune it. "You might want to fall asleep now," he said. "I guess I could relieve your stress if i sing you to sleep, right?" He didn't give you time to say anything else.

 The first notes and chords he played on that old guitar blurred out all those thoughts that were haunting your mind. You slowly closed your eyes as you continued to listen. 

As soon as you heard Oikawa's voice, all your body relaxed and your mind cleared completely. You had no idea if Heaven actually existed, but if it did, this was definitely what it would sound like. Every verse, every note, every chord, it was all magical. 

Oikawa certainly wasn't the most experienced singer or had a lot of knowledge about singing techniques, but his voice was angelic. Just the fact that it was him who was singing made him sound even better. 

Well, at least to you. His voice was very relaxing, but you didn't even want to fall asleep now. You just wanted to keep on listening, hoping the music would never end. He sang many songs until he finally stopped. You felt kind of disappointed, but you knew he just couldn't sing and play forever. 

Oikawa watched you for a moment, smiling like an idiot. Thinking you were totally asleep, he whispered: "Goodnight, I love you." The truth is, you weren't actually asleep. But you still didn't say anything. Those four simple words echoed inside your head for a couple of minutes. You unconsciously smiled, you were definitely going to tease him about it later. 

-In part 2, you guys are dating ;)-