AmourShipping: Hat (AU)

(I'll add a picture later. High school AU!)

"Come on Ash, we're gonna be late!"

"Right, sorry Clemont!"

Serena watched him get up from his desk and run out the door, almost slipping on the way out. Ash was usually late for most things, although he tried not to be.

Her attention went to his desk, where his most prized possession was sitting.

His hat.

'Should I go give it to him? What if he comes back for it and doesn't see it there? Or I get lost on my way to the science club and he sees me holding it? He'll think I stole it!'

She sighed and got up from her desk to get the hat and bring it to him.

'Now where's the science club room?'

Deciding that she didn't want to walk around for hours, Serena went into the front office to ask for directions.

"Just leave here and make a left down that hall. The door should be on your right."

She thanked the secretary and left the front office, following the instructions. Soon she found the correct room and opened the door slightly.

There he was, working on a paper of some sort. Maybe a graph or something else science related?

"Hello?"

Crap, she was staring for too long. Serena opened the door more and stepped inside, going over to him. "I-um, you left this at your desk, so I...thought I'd return it." Her face was probably red at this point, she'd never been this close to him before.

His face lit up when he saw the hat, putting it back on his head and smiled at her. "Hey thanks! I was looking all over for this."

'He's even cuter when he smiles...'

"You're welcome..." She avoided his gaze, too nervous to look at him.

She felt a bit of pressure on her cheek and looked back at Ash, but he was doing his work again.

'Now would be a good time to leave...he's probably busy.'

She turned around and went out the door, wanting to leave as fast as possible. It took her a few hours to realize that he kissed her cheek, in thanks for returning his hat.

Written on: February 22, 2021