Chapter 16: Fools

A/N: did I fool you?
Hehehe here's chapter 16.

2011-12?
- first episode that Elijah is introduced in Vampire diaries

(Jenli's Pov)
This old house smells weird. Elijah and I were meeting some old friends. Supposedly they had found a doppelgänger. Elijah wasn't entirely happy to see another Tatia lookalike. He also wasn't entirely happy that I decided to come along. Ever since we had become vampires, -Nik and I are hybrids-, it's always been us against four. Nik, Bekah, Elijah and I. Kol and Finn had run off to do their thing. At first they were always there, always together. It was amazing to be with Kol, without sneaking around. Whenever we had a chance to be alone though, was the best part of running around together. We had a lot of fun together, a lot of it.

Until we had a nasty breakup. I let my insecurities get the best of me as always. Stupid insecurities. It's hard to remember it, it was the worst day of my life. It was Christmas 1914, Kol and I had a horrible fight the day before. He had wanted to kill Nik. And I told him that he couldn't. He was pissed at me. Ended up having a lot of broken bones between the two of us. Anyhow, at the party, he had invited some other girl and then he tried to get Bekah help him with his "murder" plan. I love the man, I truly do. But Nik was my bestfriend. And like a brother. I felt terrible, choosing his brother over him. As if he hadn't gone through that his whole life. I wanted to apologize, and then Nik stabbed him with his absolutely amazing daggers. I was going to pull it out but I couldn't compel myself too.

It still bothers me to this day at how weak I am. How hard it was to say goodbye. He didn't even speak to me that day, despite my attempts. Guess we weren't ready to have that kind of love. Neither of us really talked about it. Trying to explain our feelings to each other hardly worked for us.

"Rose-Marie." Elijah starts. "Is there somewhere we can talk?" He asks the girl with the spiky short hair. Personally she reminds me of that Alice girl from Twilight, I convinced Nik to watch it with me when it came out.

"Yes. In here." Rose gestures to another room. "You have to forgive the house." 

"What's with a little dirt? I completely understand." He says. I scoff.

"This house reminds me of an old house I lived in years ago. I hated it so much I burned it down." I tell Rose.

"Jenli." Elijah warns before turning back to Rose. "So tell me, what is it that gives you the courage to call us?"

"I wanted my freedom." She shares with us showing us to the room. "I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?"

"I have complete authority to grant pardon, to you and your little pet. What was his name these days? Trevor. If I so see fit." He tells the vamp.

"Katerina Petrova?" She asks. He gives her a questioning look.

"I'm listening."

"She didn't burn in the church in 1864." Rose tells us. Well Elijah. She hasn't really noticed me or at least hasn't give a sign that she has.

"Continue."

"She survived." No dip, sherlock.

"Where is she?" Elijah asks.

"You don't seem surprised." Well he's not.

"Oh, when you called and invited me into this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina. Do you have her in your possession?" He asked Rose. I have loathed Katerina for years. That bitch was a psycho. Tried to get with all the brothers even Finn. She backed off of Kol when she found out I was a badass hybrid who would rear her limb from limb.