Chapter 3: Dinner with the Mikaelsons

*Jenli's POV*
Rebekah and her brothers were very fun. I had never had any friends. Now I do. Even though we just met today. 

"Klaus, it's getting late." Rebekah says to Niklaus.

"Right! Well we must be going then." He replies to her and grabs his sword. I glanced at Rebekah and she shooed me through the tunnel. Kol squeezed past us.

"Going a little slow, huh?" He winks at me and runs out of the tunnel. As I step out of the tunnel, I look around for my mother. She couldn't be found.

"Jenli, are you alright?" Rebekah asks me. 

"Erm, I cant find my mother." I tell her looking worried.

"Don't worry. We'll find her. But for now you shall join us for dinner." Elijah piped in. I smile. They were all being so kind. Well except Kol.

As soon as we got to their hut, the door swung open to reveal my mother. 

"Mother!" I ran to her. 

"Jenli Raina Hartios!" Mother almost yelled my full name. My eyes were wide. 

"Excuse me." My mother apologizes for her outburst and the other kids sit down at the table. 

"Jenli, this is Esther Mikaelson. She is the woman who gave me the herbs." 

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Mikaelson." And I nodded to her while I sat down next to Rebekah and another boy. 

"That's Finn." Rebekah whispers to me. "And that's Henrik. And my father Mikael." She points to the youngest boy and her father. I nod at her. Showing affirmation that I understood. Most of time the dinner had been silent. We had deer for dinner. Not the usual that my mother and I had but it was very fulfilling. I look up at Klaus who is across from me, with Kol and Elijah on each side. Kol looks at me, then looks away. He's very weird. Esther breaks the silence. 

"Finn, how was the hunt?" She asks her oldest. The one sitting next to me.

"It was fine, Mother." He said. At least Esther tried to start a conversation.  

Come on Jenli. Say something. At least try. I look at my mother. She's glaring at me. Like I should just be quiet. 

"Karina right?" Mikael asks my mother.  She nods politely. 

"Well, Karina, how long will you and your daughter be in our small town?" I look down at my food waiting for my mother to say that we are leaving tonight. But she apparently had a change of plans.

"Actually, we were planning on leaving tonight." I sigh barely noticeable. My mother continues. "However, your wife has offered us a couple nights." I look at my mother. I'm astonished that she had a change of heart. She looks at me. "Close your mouth Jenli. Manners dear." She says to me. Rebekah was great assistance in that part. She shoved my chin up. I grin at her.

After dinner, Rebekah had dared me to race her to her room. After we cleaned up of course. Rebekah helps me make a small bed on the floor. As we are making the bed, someone opens the door. It's Niklaus, Elijah. and Kol. Elijah holds the door open for Niklaus and Kol who are carrying a small hay bed.  Rebekah moved the hay from where we're making a bed for me. I stare at them all in shock. Why would they help me? 

"You don't have to be so shocked that we are being nice to you, you know." Kol says to me cause of my expression. 

"I think she has the right to be considering your the one giving up your bed." Niklaus says poking Kol in the ribs. Kol just shakes his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kol asks his brother. Elijah interrupts them before anything more happens. 

"Excuse them Jenli. Rebekah, mother wants to speak to you." He says before walking his brothers out the door. Rebekah follows them and tells me that she'll be right back.

Kol gave up his bed for me? That's kind of stupid and sweet at the same time. Who knew he would be kind behind that devilish smirk. 

Definitely not me. However I will not give in to temptation. Not yet anyways.

—————————
*Kols POV*

"Niklaus!" I yelled at him. We had gone out to get some water from the well. 

"Kol, don't be so dramatic." Klaus tells me. Don't be dramatic? He's trying to rile me up on purpose.

"Come on Kol, you have taken a fancy to her." Elijah adds to it. Henrik just laughed at all of us.

"I have not! She's just a girl. And I've just met her today." I tell my brothers.

"Kol, you're trying too hard." Henrik tugs on my shirt and tells me.

"And what do you know about girls, little brother?" I ask Henrik.

"I know that if you give up your bed for her that you probably have a huge crush already." He smiles at me and Niklaus laughs harder now. I just ignore them as Finn comes out to yell at us to hurry.

"Always the borer, you are Finn." I tell him. And he looks at me and smirks.

"At least I'm not a fool in love." He continues to smirk at me. 

"How many times to I have to tell you! I'm not in love with her." As we walk into our family hut and Rebekah just glared at me. 

"What are you looking at Bekah?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes. 

"Oh kol. Don't be so childish. And be quiet! Jenli is already asleep as well as Mother and Karina." She tells us all.

"What about Father?" Niklaus asks her.

"Sharpening his knives probably." She tells him. Always the honest person.

"Whatever I'm going to bed." I say.

"Have fun on the floor, Kol!" Rebekah shouts to me as I'm walking away. I roll my eyes.

—————————

A/N:  I need more ideas help! Should I skip 1 or 2 years or what? Let me know!!