Chapter 13: Death

A/N: I think I have an idea what to dooooooo but please please write comments. I like talking to people and yeahh

——————————
*Rebekah's POV*

It was turning nightfall. My mother has been in her room all night, every now and then letting out a sob. Henrik had died earlier today. It had been hard for all of us. But especially mother cause Henrik was her little baby. Sometimes I get a little jealous of how much our mother loved Henrik. Mother was always the kindest of the Mikaelsons. And our father the scariest. Our father, Mikael would always take his anger out on Niklaus. That is until I tried to stop him one time. Then I too, became the punching bag of our father. Mikael was merciless. As always. Him and mother were planning something and I know it's not good. I'm mostly scared for Jenli. Our father can be a very bad person, and Jenli may be a wolf but she had not killed my brother and I'm sure of that. I was currently talking to Niklaus and Finn.

"Niklaus, how could you risk yours and henriks life, like that?" Finn asks our brother.

"I didn't know that this would be the result of having some fun." Niklaus said back to him staring at the floor, ashamed of himself.

I want to hug him. He is my brother and though he got Henrik killed, he will always be my brother. I am still mad at him though. Henrik was my friend when Jenli was off with my brothers. I love Jenli and all my brothers but I wish Jenli would stay with me more. She is MY friend after all. Now she's dating my brother and I'm just her boyfriends little sister. I will always believe that. Sometimes she try's to make up for the fact that she is with my brother.  She really doesn't need her. I'm glad we would be sorta related. I just want her to myself sometimes. I did like her one time. I wanted her to be with me and not Kol. But Father found out. Not much to say except I don't want her like I used to. Okay, that's a lie. I still kind of do. God what is wrong with me? Father said I must continue the bloodline. He figured my brothers would fail. I don't even know anymore. All I know is that this isn't the father I was supposed to love.  He doesn't even know love.

After a little while longer, Mother came out of her room. She walked to our main room and poured little glasses of what looked like wine. Or medicine of some sort. She then set the bottle down and returned to her room. This must be the cure or the thingy that's supposed to keep us safe. I noticed that there are only seven cups. Henrik was dead. That left; Me, Kol, Klaus, Elijah, Finn and our mother and Father. Unless mother or father aren't taking it. I grab the bottle and pour some into a deerskin pouch and sneak out the door. Mother would kill me if she found out what I was doing. But I couldn't think. I couldn't let Jenli get hurt. Niklaus had told me the whole story when we were talking. My bestfriend may be a werewolf but she will still need protection. And that's what I'm going to provide for her.

I run to Jenlis and Kols spot. Her mother said Jenli had left just a few seconds ago. So I should be able to catch up.
"Jenli!" I yell when I see her. She looked up at me and smiled. She ran over to me and hugged me.
"I'm so so sorry, Bekah." She says sadly.
"I know you are, but I'm more worried about you in the future. I have a feeling that we including you may need protection from other werewolves." I tell her quickly trying not to slur my words together. She looks at me like she's seen a ghost.
"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me Bekah. I promise I won't let anyone hurt your family again." She says smiling small and it's almost faded.
"Please Jenli? You're my bestfriend and I can't stand to lose you. If you won't do it for me, do it for Kol."I say pleading with her. She looks at me warily.
"Okay fine. I'm doing this for you though. I don't want you to think our friendship is because of Kol. We had each other first. You and me." She tells me. I smile ear to ear and hand he the deerskin pouch.
"Drink. It's the protection spell. I'm having mine tonight." I tell her and she listens. She drinks the pouch.
"Is that it?" She looks at me and laughs.
"I guess so. I've got to go now." I tell her and grab the skin pouch.
"It's almost night fall. I'll come with you." She says and grabs my hand. I had a tingling feeling inside. I know she only holds it because we are friends but that doesn't change anything I feel for her.

Once we get back by the huts, Jenli smiles and then she frowns. I didn't know why until I saw my father Mikael coming over.

"Where have you been, girl?"He asked me. I look at him before telling him that I was down by the river.  No point in lying to him.
"Were you with that excuse of an indiscretion?" He asks again more angrily while pointing at Jenli. I nod again. He slaps me. I close my eyes.

Next thing I know I'm the only one standing. My father is crouching over Jenlis body. He killed her. My bestfriend. The girl I loved. She may not have returned my feelings but I will always love her. My tears that were in the brink earlier have finally overflown. I leaned down to see Jenli more closely before Father had pulled on my arm tightly pulling me away from the body. I cried and cried. I kicked and screamed but he wouldn't loosen his hold. What was I going to tell Kol? How do I tell him that our father killed his love? How do I tell Jenlis mother that the man who welcomed her had killed her daughter? I couldn't even think straight. I actually remember everything that happened. I was just too scared to see what was going on. I was scared, and pathetic and weak. Could I be any more pathetic than I was? I close my eyes again.

Flashback to 10 minutes ago 1001 AD the day the originals were created.

I close my eyes.
"How dare you hit your own daughter?!" A feminine voice says. I know it's Jenli by the sound of it.
"Do you really think you know what's best for me and my family?!" He said and clearly annunciating as he spat on her. She growled at him and then punched him in the face.
"Yes I do! You treat your entire family terribly. They deserve better than you, dumb Viking." Jenli had replied.
"Wrong move, wolf. I welcomed you into MY village. MY home. And you expect me not to realize your a wolf. And with the way you've been nothing but a disrespectful ungrateful little bitch, I would say it's time for you to be put down. Don't you think?" That's the last thing I heard. Before I had opened my eyes.

End flashback

It's completely nightfall now. My brothers and I had drunk all of our protection liquids or whatever. We sat with mother at the bottom of the white oak tree while she casted a spell. And that was all I remember besides someone snapping my brothers and I's necks simultaneously.

*Jenlis POV*

I open my eyes to the smell of blood. That's all I can think about. Blood. What the hell had happened? She just remembered being dead. And now she was waking up and had a crave for blood. I get up and walk over to my hut. My mother was not there. Mm. That's weird. I walked out of my hut and into the clearing where I saw the mikaelsons all lined up doing some rirual. I hid behind the only other tree in the clearing besides the one they were burning. Watching everything, from them drinking the "protection liquids" to their necks being snapped. I had gasped at the latter. I didn't want to watch Kols neck gets snapped. I was confused as to what happened as I turned around holding a hand to my mouth to keep me from making noises. I just walked away in tears. My second partial family was gone. As I was crying a stranger asked what was wrong, I started to tell them before the blood craving got to me. I glanced at their neck. Oh it looked so good. I could hear the blood pumping. Quite literally. I reached forward and grabbed the stranger and ran towards the river. Wow. I got here super faster than normal. The stranger looked frightened. I gave her a hug and then bit down on her artery. She started screaming. Mmmmmm. I moaned at the taste of the blood. God have never tasted anything better. Ughhhh it's so good. I feel bad though that the girl was screaming. So I pulled away and looked in her eyes.
"Please stop screaming. I'm hungry and your delicious." I asked of her. She looked at me and repeated the same thing. I was gonna continue mg blood fest in her but didn't want her to die. After she had been so nice and cooperative. I let her go. Silently praying she wouldn't tell anyone. I kind of don't want to die again.