|.04.|

September 6th, 4:30 pm,

Bella                                                  

We arrive outside a large, well structure building- formed with red bricks and a multitude of windows. The front of the property holds a car park big enough for about 50 vehicles, and a long stretch of grass from one side to the other. The grass holds a few flower sections and some trees for shade. I can imagine it is where I will spend most of my lunches. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, though I wish my first sighting wouldn't be when it is dark out.

Ash pulls his bike up to the tarmac section and parks up, not taking any care to notice the white stripes painted on the ground. He lands the bike in the center of one, but clearly isn't bothered by the potential distress he is causing. There are few entrances to enter, but the one shaded by a wide stone arch intrigues me. Possibly because it is clearly the main one to enter by.

Switching off the thundering engine, he hops off the bike, immediately turning back around to greet my eyes. Holding out his left arm to help me, he looks at my straight face. I open my mouth to argue, but he cuts me off. ''You can do it yourself, I know.''

Putting on a short, fake smile, I swing my legs off the side of the bike, jumping off. I try to do so with dignity, but it's hard doing something you have never done before. Removing the helmet from my head, I rest it upon the hand he was holding out.

''Thanks,'' He smirks, placing it delicately on the left handle of the bike.

Inside the arch holds a pair of broad glass doors, which I head straight for. I actually have no idea if this is where I am supposed to go, but I am not going to turn around to ask him for directions. I know he is in the year above me, so it is clear he knows his way around. I, however, don't have a clue.

''Wait,'' I announce, stopping right in my tracks. He doesn't stop. Coming up to my side, he gives me a glance. ''I forgot my bag at the hospital.''

He gives me an already on it look, and states, ''I brought it down earlier.''

''Oh. . . well okay, thanks, I guess,'' I stumble, with not a clue what to say. Why would he do that? and how does he know where my dorm is?

Pushing my way through the door, I fumble through my mind, trying to remember what the number of my room was. I have been preparing for this day for weeks, I recited that number a thousand times, and now it decides to leave my mind? Blame it on the head trauma, I determine.

''D18,'' Ash interjects, reading my mind.

Without replying, I move towards a large, daunting staircase lit solely by a few white lights stuck in the ceiling. When I reach the top, my eyes scan the hallway for a sign, a letter, anything. Not finding anything, I turn to Ash, who is already walking up the next set of stairs. Trailing behind, my eyes glue to an enormous pink 'B' plastered onto the wall.

So that means I'm on the fourth floor.

Great.

After two more flights, we finally arrive at the 'D' floor. Looking at the numbers on each door, I learn they go up evenly on one side, and oddly on the other. Glancing towards the right, my eyes and legs work simultaneously. With each step, my brain analyses the doors, attempting to find the number 18.

Step.

12.

Step.

14.

Step.

16.

Until at last, I find D18. Reflexively, I reach for the key in my pocket. It isn't there. I remember it is in my bag, which Ash suspiciously took. If he already brought it for me, it must be in the room. ''How-?''