Christmas Day

I wake up to the smell of bacon and waffles. Oh how I love Christmas. Heather always starts the day at 8:00am sharp with opening presents and then eating breakfast. We watch football and then eat lunch at the country club (which is seriously expensive and yummy, extravagant food). After the country club, we go to Heather and Charles' friends house for games, and sledding. We then go home and have a beautiful feast that Heather and Justin cook. It's been a tradition for them since Justin was born. 

        I roll out of bed and check the time. "Oh good, It's only 7:30" I quickly take a shower and get dressed into some black jeans, a long sleeve white shirt, warm socks and my favorite brown combat boots. I run down the stairs and am greeted by Justin saying, 

"You better be careful running down those stairs. You might fall......... Again."

"Shut up Justin. Leave me alone you creep"

"Ooo.. She's feisty today.." He grabs my arm, pulls me close and says, 

"You better watch your back today. You don't want to be put in a comma this time do you?"

"No."

"Glad you understand. Now let go open presents." The last part he says with a huge giddy grin like a child.

        After some time, we arrive to Heather's and Charles's friends house and all of a sudden everything is blurry and I feel extremely cold. I tell Heather that I'm going to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror, I saw my white shirt sleeve covered in blood. I roll my sleeve up and it's just what I thought. When I had gotten home from the hospital I texted Charlie goodnight and then I went into my bathroom and cut. I felt completely worthless and pathetic. I stand up for my friends all the time but I can never stand up for myself. I guess the cut was deeper then I thought. I looked at my reflection and I looked like a ghost. Then everything went black. I woke up in the ER with stitches on my wrist and I felt so much more pathetic. 

"Back so soon huh?"

"Yeah. I just keep getting in accidents."

"I'll say. Two days in a row. You must like it here" she winked. I just laugh and lay my head down.        

        I woke up again but this time it was to Heather and Justin arguing. Heather left and I felt panic overwhelm me. Justin looked at me and said, 

"Get up, I'm taking you home you selfish bitch."

"How am I a selfish bitch?"

"You ruined Christmas dumb-fuck"

"Could you please lay off the cussing? Holy crap."

"Shut up! Lets go!"

"Fine..."

I got up, changed, grabbed my stuff, and left with Justin.

        We got back to the house and were walking up to the house when Justin pushed me to the ground and punch my stomach. He grabbed my arm and twisted it. Justin had his hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream. I bit his hand and kicked him when I had the chance. I got up and started running for the door but my ribs hurt to bad and Justin was to fast. He tackled me to the ground which hurt my ribs even more and made it hard for me to breath since he is so much heavier then me. He turned me over and punched me in the face, then in the stomach repeatedly until I started to cry. He finally got off of me and went inside. I just laid in the driveway until it was dark out and then I got up. It hurt like hell but I had to otherwise I would have slept out there. Heather gets mad when I'm out passed midnight. If I come home late she goes out looking for me and then she takes all my stuff away except clothes. 

        I walk inside and head up the stairs to my room. When I get to my room I hear my phone ringing and I pick it up on the last ring. 

"Hello?"

"ALICE LYNNSFEILD!!!"

"Ummmmm yes, how may I help you Charlie?" Charlie and Ana are the only ones who use my real last name instead of  'Callaway'

"I have called you 23 times and texted you 46 times!! You haven't answered me the whole day Alice!!!"

"SOOORRRRRRYYYYY CHARLIE!!! I spent some time with the family and then went to the hospital,and I've been outside our house since."

"Wait... Hospital?? Alice what happened? You just got home from the hospital..."

"Yeah well I've been clumsy lately." 

"Hm"

"Hm Hm. Well.. I'm off to bed. Goodnight Charlie."

"Goodnight Alice"