24

-

No matter how hard I try to run,
It all comes back.
I hate seeing you,
But at the same time
you're all I have.
Our souls may be split in two,
But I can feel it repair when I'm with you.

-

After breakfast, we all packed our bags and left the house. It was dark and gloomy, yet the summer air made it somewhat warm.

"Where are we going?" I heard Harry ask Ron. I was confused too, so I listened carefully to their conversation.

"Don't know" Ron mumbled. I let out a disappointed sigh before Ron spoke up again.

"Hey, Dad! Where are we going?" He yelled.
"Haven't the foggiest, keep up!" Arthur responded, leaving us more confused than before.

"Ginny?" I asked running up to her.
"Yeah?" She responded, slightly out of breath.

Before I could answer A stranger cut us off.
"Arthur! It's about time son" the chubby man exclaimed, excited to see Arthur.

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start" Arthur said, referring to Ron and Harry.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone, he works with me at the ministry," he said, starting to explain who the stranger was.

Suddenly a pale boy with brown hair jumped down from the tree above the two elderly men.
His cheeks were flushed, and his jawline sharp.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" Arthur asked, shaking the boy's hand.

Ginny, Hermione, and I shared a look, blushing at the handsome boy in front of us.

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter," Amos said, startled by my brother.

"Yes sir," Harry answered politely.
Amos held out his hand, waiting for Harry to shake it.

"Great great pleasure"
He said while shaking hands with the one and only "boy who lived"

"Oh, and you must be Elaine Potter!" He said excitedly.
I still wasn't used to the new last name, but it felt good.

"That will be me," I said, shaking his eager hand.

The sun began rising as we walked, and after a while, Arthur spoke up again.
"That's it, sir, just over there" he yelled pointing towards an old brown boot.

Everyone began walking around the boot, laying flat on their stomach holding onto it.

I stared confusedly at them all, seeing Harry do the same.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked, speaking what I thought.

"That isn't just any old manky boot mate" Fred began.

"It's a portkey" George finished.
Harry and I shared a confused look with the twins, who were already holding tightly onto the boot.

"Time to go. Ready?" Amos yelled, his voice hoarse and loud.

"What's a 'portkey'?" I asked, completely dumbfounded by their behavior.

"After 3. One... Two..." Amos began counting.

"Harry! Elaine!" Arthur yelled, motioning for us to grasp onto the so-called 'portkey'