Chapter 1

"Hey guys... what is this?" the small orange-haired girl named Emma said. Her small hands gripped on the cold bars.

"A gate. It connects the inside and outside." The small black-haired boy named Ray answered.

"Outside? We've never been outside..."

"That's because we haven't left here since being born." The small white-haired boy named Norman said.

"So is this what Mom always tells us about?" Emma smiled. "Never go near the Gate of Fence in the back of the forest cause it's dangerous.'"

"Hmm...I don't see anything dangerous there." the small girl named (Y/N) said with her eyebrows furrowed.

"She says that but it's not true," Ray says looking down.

Norman looks at Ray. "It's not?"

"Hey, Ray! What would you do outside?" Emma happily asked.

(Y/N) looked at Emma to Ray.

"I don't know. You, Emma?"

"I'd ride a giraffe!"

"Good luck." Ray turned away, sarcastically.

"And you, (Y/N)?" Emma asked (Y/N), happily.

(Y/N) thought about it for a moment. "I want us four to be together and spend the rest of our lives outside!"

Emma's smile stretched widely and giggled. "Yeah and that too!"

"This gate..." Norman touched and grabbed the cold bar with his both hands in front of him. "You know...I wonder what is really keeping us protected from."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!"

Emma yelled, waking the other children from their sleep. Others have already left the dorm room. (Y/N) yawned and pulled her blanket over her head, not wanting to wake up. "Emma, let me sleep!" (Y/N) whined. She felt weight next to her and hands shaking her body. "Hurry up or you'll miss breakfast!" "Fine, if you say so." (Y/N) sat and stretched herself out.

"Yes! C'mon, hurry!" Emma giggled while jumping on (Y/N)'s bed. "Alright alright!" (Y/N) got out of bed and wore her boots with a tired look. "Were you up late?" Emma tilted her head looking at (Y/N). "Nah, I just wanna sleep more." Children with white uniforms ran around the room and others ran out of the room to go downstairs. Laughs and giggles can be heard from the halls and the other dorms.

"Go ahead, Emma! I'll be down in a sec." (Y/N) smiled and waved at her. "Ok! But, you better not go to sleep again!" she chirped and ran down the stairs along with the small kids following her. (Y/N) sighed and put on her boots. She made her way down the hall and saw Mom standing while small kids were around her with happy smiles.

"Good morning, Mom!"

"Morning, Mom!"

"I miss you, Mom!"

"Hi Mom, morning!"

"Mom!" (Y/N) cried happily at the sight of her, running towards her. The black-haired woman with a traditional maid dress smiling so bright yet so sweet at her. "Morning, (Y/N).~" "Hi, Mom!" "I see that Emma woke you up. You usually don't wake up when I or Emma call you. You just keep sleeping, do you?.~" Mom smiled at her while she chuckled softly. "M-Mom!" (Y/N) looked at her with a flustered face. "I would like to show you something, (Y/N).~" Mom said to her while all the small children around her ran away. "What is it, Mom?" "Follow me.~"