Chapter 17

Third Person's POV:

Ray hugged her while his head leaned on her stomach. "You'll be fine, (Y/N). I promise..." He closed his eyes shut tightly. He knows that the girl in her arms would be okay but the thought of losing her forever made him think that his life was nothing without her.

"Ray, you care so much for (Y/N) that you'll do anything to protect her, won't you? She is special to you and you're special to her. Your weakness is her. (Y/N) is such a sweet girl, too, she even went to help her siblings, not caring what happens to herself. Poor thing, my adorable (Y/N). I never meant to hurt her, but I had to.~" Mom smiled sweetly.

"I'll control all of you until the very end because you're different from most of the other children. You're special food that only a special one is able to eat. The highest quality of children I've ever raised.~" Mom said to the group of kids around her.

"So then-" Norman was interrupted by Mom staring at him with insane eyes. "That's why I have to protect you all, no matter the cost. I was forced to do this because it was clear you weren't going to give up.~" Mom said. "(Y/N) won't move her arm for a while which means I'll have no worries for tomorrow.~" "T-Tomorrow?" Norman asked. "Yes, that's right. You can stay and celebrate. There was a notice from headquarters.~"

"So, congrats, Norman. The time for you to be shipped has come.~"

Mom smiled, making everyone shocked and gasped. Norman was in a state of shock and was processing what Mom had said to him.

"Norman is getting...shipped out?" Ray said while his eyes twitched. "Yes, it's happening tomorrow.~" Mom crouched down where Ray was holding (Y/N) in his arms. He looked at Mom with angered eyes and pulled (Y/N) closer to him not wanting Mom to touch her. "Ray, give me (Y/N), please.~"

"You harmed (Y/N) so don't get near her."

Mom giggled at how protective Ray was. Emma stood up even though she was a bit hurt and tried to walk properly towards Ray with teary eyes, placing his hand on his shoulder. "R-Ray, it's fine. (Y/N) won't be healed if Mom doesn't-" "I know, Emma." Ray said, not looking at Emma.

Ray was hesitant and stood up and backed away. "Thank you, Ray.~ It was a clean break, so don't worry. I'll guarantee it will heal up perfectly without a scar on her arm. Though, it will take a few months to do so. I do hope that it's healed before your birthday, Ray.~" Mom said while she stood up with (Y/N) in her arms and walked past him. Ray tightened his fists in anger.

"And Norman, give me that bag later. The one that has the rope in it. Now, let's go back to the house.~" Mom said while making her way back to the house with a sweet smile. "N-Norman," Emma said in worry and was heartbroken that Norman had to be shipped out.

"Let's go. We have to check (Y/N) when Mom is done patching her up. She is in a bad condition, now." Norman forced a sad smile. On the inside, he was dying of fear and shock. It was also a great shock for everyone besides (Y/N) since she passed out and doesn't know anything that Mom had said.

Ray walked off leaving the group without saying a single word from his mouth. "Let's go, Gilda. We also have to check (Y/N)." Gilda nodded, agreeing to what Don said and they both walked behind Ray. "C'mon," Norman said while he walked past Emma. Emma stood there looking at Norman's back while he walked away from her with her teary eyes.

She looked down and felt herself falling apart from everything that happened today.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"W-Where...am I?"

(Y/N) slightly opened her tired eyes, looking at a familiar ceiling. She groaned in pain when she tried to lift her arm and realized what had happened to it. (Y/N) carefully sat up and looked around the room she was in and she knew where she was. "Oh, I'm at the infirmary. Argh, m-my arm." (Y/N) winced of the sudden pain in her right arm.