The Last Good Day

It was a normal day in Kansas City, I was home alone watching TV, on my phone thinking about so many different things at once it would be to hard to list them all.

I heard a scream outside. 'God the neighbors are so loud!' I look outside to see my neighbor on the ground in a pool of blood a zombie gnawing on his arm. I closed the shutters and ran to the kitchen to grab some knifes. I grabbed a water bottle and other things to help me survive the night.

I had to find someone I couldn't survive the night alone. I needed help, I opened my back door and ran for it. Nothing could of prepared me for this.

I run to the end of the street I see a group of zombies coming close, I run as fast as I can but they keep getting closer "I'm not gonna make it" I think. I sprint and turn right and run as fast as I can towards the nearest house. The back doors glass is broken, I crawl through and inspect the house. There is a revolver in the garage, I grab it and head for the door when I hear a loud crash in the back bedroom. I run for it, I don't care what is behind me I'm not taking any chances. But then I hear someone call my name "Rachael, wait no." I don't recognize the voice, how do they know my name? But I just keep running I slip through the door, and sprint as fast as I can. I know where i need to go, New Mark.

I run to my old house. ( Which is really close to New Mark) I was really tired and needed some rest so I set up camp in the house.