~Part One~

Codie’s POV.

It was still chilly as I left my house for school that morning, but it looked like we’d have a sunny September afternoon. I pulled my long, curly hair back in a ponytail as I waited at the bus stop. I was never in the best of moods on a Monday, but today I felt quite happy for some reason. The bus came quickly and I was soon walking down the school drive when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

‘Lou, I told you not to sneak up on me!’ I said, turning round and punching him playfully. Louis had been in most of my classes since we had started St Martin’s and he always brightened up the lessons with his sense of humour. Not to mention that he was drop-dead gorgeous.

‘Sorry!’ he grinned, not meaning it one bit. ‘What lesson have we got first?’

‘Er Maths I think.’ I said, making a face. Everyone hated Maths with Mr Fowler.

‘Oh well at least I sit next to you.’ he winked. If it was someone different, I might have thought more of how close we were, but Louis was friendly with practically all the girls at school.

‘Have you brought the CD?’ I asked, changing the subject as we walked through the main doors.

‘Of course!’ he said, fishing into his rucksack and bringing out a plain CD, ‘One Direction’ scribbled on the front cover. ‘There are a few new ones that we haven’t played yet on there.’

‘Thanks, I’ll listen tonight.’ I smiled, putting it in my bag. ‘Harry said you might be playing at Niall’s birthday?’

‘Yeah, hopefully.’ he sounded excited. ‘His parents are away this weekend so we’re thinking house party.’

‘Am I invited?’ I teased him.

‘You’re always invited.’ he replied.

We got to class early, but I saw that the girls were already there. Alisha waved to me and I went to join them. Louis winked at me again then went over to give Harry a big bear hug. I put my bag down on Georgina’s table. Francesca, Georgina, Alisha and I had been best friends since primary school; there was nothing that we didn’t know about each other. Francesca raised her eyebrows when she saw me come in with Louis, but I pretended not to notice.

‘You heard about Niall’s party?’ Georgina asked me straight away.

‘Yep. Sounds like you’ll have a chance to give him a birthday kiss.’ I said.

‘Shh, he’ll hear you.’ she said, looking over at him. ‘You know it would never happen. Not when there are girls like Dani and Jade going.’

I was about to convince her otherwise, when Harry approached us.

‘Alright girls?’ he asked, brushing his hand through his curly hair.

‘Yeah, you?’ Francesca cleared her throat.

‘Good, just er.. Just wondering if you could do me a favour, Chess.’ Harry said.

Francesca blushed slightly. ‘Sure, what is it?’

‘I, uh, need some help with the homework. We were rehearsing late last night so I never..’ he mumbled.

‘Here.’ Francesca pushed her Maths book into his hands. ‘Copy it quickly.’

‘Thanks, honestly you’re a life saver.’ he smiled.

Just then, Mr Fowler marched into the classroom and everyone hurried to take their seats. I joined Louis at our table at the back of the room. Harry was busy writing in his book while sir took the register.

‘Mr Styles, is that my homework you’re doing now?’ Mr Fowler asked, pushing his glasses up.

‘No sir.’ Harry lied, putting on a serious face.

‘Looks more like a love letter to Francesca.’ Louis whispered to me and I laughed.

Mr Fowler gave us both an evil look, but a knock on the door distracted him.

‘Come in!’ he yelled as an unfamiliar girl pushed the door open. She had blonde wavy hair and piercing green eyes. A name tag on her school shirt read ‘Martina’. She smiled nervously as everyone turned to stare at her. It wasn’t hard to tell that she had made an impression one every boy in the room.

‘Ah, there you are Miss Gallaghan. This is your new class, 11F.’ Mr Fowler said, giving her a textbook. ‘Everyone, please make Martina feel welcome, she has just transferred to St Martin’s from Canada.’

‘Hey.’ Martina said, looking down at the floor, no doubt feeling very embarrassed. She really was beautiful; even Becka, who was the most popular girl in the school shuffled in her seat uneasily.

‘Let’s have a look..’ Mr Fowler leaned over his papers. ‘You will be sitting next to Mr Horan, over there.’

Louis whistled quietly as she made her way over to Niall’s desk. I watched Georgina look away with a frown.

-end of pt.1-