☼ The Day Again ☼

Shouyou was alive.

Looking around him, there was no doubt in his mind. It was the same celeste blue sky, same bumblebee yellow sun, same dimming stars, same basil green trees, same flowers, same field. Shouyou is surer than ever that this is the field he slept on the day before. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he frowned upon reading 5:46 AM.

'Hadn't he swallowed half a bottle of sleeping pills?' 'Why was he alive?' 'If he was somewhat rescued, shouldn't he be in a hospital?' thoughts filled his head. Looking back to the blue sky, another thought dawned on him. 'Was yesterday a dream?'

Pushing the thought at the back of his mind, he stood up and hesitantly walked back to is house. He took a bath, wore his military black uniform without his sweater, packing his breakfast instead of eating it and hopped on his bike. Pedaling all the way to school, Shouyou's frown deepen upon greeting the only lady tending her tulips, greeting the baker opening his stall, greeting the runner clad in the same tights, greeted the police officer monitoring the early morning traffic. He reaches school at exactly 6:32 AM, the same time he arrives on his yesterday.

He changed out of his uniform and walked back to the court and saw Tobio and Ryuunosuke talking amongst themselves. Shouyou didn't loudly proclaim his win but the setter angrily tells him that he'll win tomorrow. He didn't play as enthusiastically like before but played well enough for Tobio not to yell at him.

When the bell rang, he went to his classroom and sat on his chair, still confused with the entire ordeal. He watches his moderator and classmates talks about themes for their booth for a while then gave his attention to the open window beside him. It was the same electric blue sky, same hickory brown birds, same sage green trees.

Lunch time came but Shouyou didn't proceed to the rooftop like he did in his yesterday. He waited for Tobio and they both went to Kei's classroom to eat their lunch. They stayed there, talking strategies or joking around until the bell rang and they all scrambled towards their classroom. Afternoon classes was a blur for Shouyou and soon enough, he walked towards the court.

He spiked every toss Tobio sent him, received every ball that threaten to fall on his side of the court. He did relatively well, but everyone who knows the middle blocker could see that something was wrong. When they confronted him after practice, Shouyou didn't lie when he said that he was just confused. Of what, he didn't clarify as he walked away from them.

As he pedals home, he frowns upon seeing the same azure blue of the sky, the same pine green of the trees, the same porcelain white of the stars. As he walks to his door after chaining his bike, he frowns more when he sees the same big, black rectangular box on his doorstep. He brings it up to his room and lay down on his bed, not taking a bath or eating dinner or doing the laundry.

Shouyou lay there, muddled beyond imagination, when his phone vibrated from his pocket. Even though he knows what the talk is all about, he smiles when he grabs his phone and sees his friend's username. They talked for a while after Shouyou brought the same bouquet of bumblebee yellow sunflower out of its box, extending the conversation until Tetsuro inevitably snatched Kenma's phone. He set his phone on his desk and takes the half-full bottle of sleeping pills and gulps down every single tablet.

Sleep calls to him and so he slept.

<<<->>>

Shouyou opens his eyes and cries.

The same celeste blue sky, the same bumblebee yellow sun, same basil green trees, same dimming stars. He goes to school and ignored the old lady tending her tulips, ignored the baker opening his stall, ignored the runner in his obnoxious tights, ignored the police officer controlling morning traffic. After seeing Tobio and Ryuunosuke talking, Shouyou stopped walking and heaved out his breakfast, startling his senpai and partner. Coach Keishin benched him and he accepted without complains, shocking his teammates.

When the bell rang, he bounded to his classroom, sat on his desk and talked to his seatmate. He didn't want to see the electric blue sky, he didn't want to see the hickory brown birds, he didn't want to see the sage green trees. Shouyou participated when he was called, he gave his own ideas for their booth.

When the lunch bell rang, he sat there on his chair, unmoving. When Tobio came by, Shouyou shooed him away, not lifting his head from is desk. He slept during lunch break, not wanting to see the maya blue sky and the daisy white clouds.

Shouyou went straight home after the last bell rang. He watched the gray street, ignoring the azure blue sky, ignoring the pine green trees, ignoring the porcelain stars. He left his bike on his doorstep and didn't acknowledge the black box as he went straight to the kitchen, grabbed a knife from one of the drawers and slit his wrists and arms multiple times. He didn't mind that the cut was big, he welcomed it. He watched his blood drip and pool around him, not feeling the sting of the cut.

Not too long after, his vision darkens, and he smiled as he collapsed.

<<<->>>

Shouyou opened his eyes and screams.

He bolted upright and ran home, his eyes shut tightly as he desperately ignores the celeste blue sky, ignores the bumblebee yellow sun, ignores the basil green trees. In his mad dash to his house, he failed to see the gasoline truck wheeling down the same road. By the time he heard the horn blaring, it was too late. But he wasn't sad.

He smiled when the truck hit him.

<<<->>

Shouyou opens his eyes and cursed whoever god gave him the ability to see colors again.