☼ And so, the Sun Sets ☼

Shouyou eyes the kinds of colors around him and told himself that it wasn't bad at all.

The moment he opened his eyes, he divulged in the colors around him, not finding it in himself anymore to watch the assorted tones with odious eyes. Looking up, he stretched his hand out, as if reaching out for the celeste blue of the early morning sky, reaching out for the ever-fiery bumblebee yellow of the morning sun, reaching out for the receding stars as they continue to fade, overpowered by the sun's shine. Retracting his outspread hand, Shouyou casts his gaze away from the sky and settles on the basil green of the surrounding trees, settles on the lavender violet of belony, cyber yellow of corn marigold and macaroon cream white of yarrow around him.

Sighing contently to himself, Shouyou stands and trudged back to his house, not casting a glance at the time on his phone, careful to avoid gasoline truck wheeling down the same road. He hums a song as he bathed himself, elatedly absorbing the warm feeling of warm water pouring out of the shower head. Clad in his spider black uniform and cornsilk yellow hoodie tucked inside, Shouyou descends and made a beeline to the kitchen and hurriedly made himself some truffled scrambled eggs and packed a bento for lunch.

Done with his morning routine, he hops on his bike and pedaled up the road towards his dream school, Karasuno High. He enthusiastically greeted the old lady tending her tulips, greeted the baker opening his stall (he's got a mouthwatering apple pie!), greeted the runner in his tights and greeted the policeman monitoring morning traffic.

After parking and chaining his bike, he went straight to the changing room and took off his clothes. He wasn't surprised to see Tobio and Ryuunosuke talking and he gleefully pounced on the grumpy faced setter, loudly telling him that he had won. Tobio chased him around the campus until Daichi reprimanded them and proceeded to enter the court, unphased by the scolding. Shouyou played the same way he performed during his first today, spiking down every ball that went his way with ferocious energy that had Kei grumbling in frustration. Shouyou shot him a truthful smile, lenient and sincere, and Kei raised a brow in query.

Morning classes was still quite dull for Shouyou, repeating or not, and he didn't think about any of it as he turned his attention to the colors outside the window beside him. He watches the electric blue of the morning sky, watches the hickory brown of the birds flying by, watches the sage green trees stretching out towards the sky, tuning out the world around him until his teacher called their attention for a quiz that Shouyou knows he will ace at.

Lunch time emanated and he barreled out of the room and headed straight to the roof, climbing the staircase block and opening his bento on his lap once he settled down. He earnestly watched the maya blue of the afternoon sky, watched the daisy white of the clouds, watched the amber yellow of the sun. He didn't turn his head when he hears the door to the roof open, didn't turn to see the person approach him, didn't turn to see Kei seating down beside him, their legs dangling on the edge.

The two didn't speak as Shouyou offered his lunch to Kei who grabbed an egg roll and gulped it down, they simply sat there and observed as the sun shy its presence behind the clouds. Humming lightly, Shouyou packed up his empty lunch and put it beside him, turning to give his companion a warm smile. Having seen this, Kei cocks his head and said, "You know?" To answer, Shouyou simply nodded, now casting gaze towards the colors before him. Sighing to himself, Kei leaned forward, his back arching as he rests his elbows on his lap and his face in his palms. Shouyou didn't say anything as he felt Kei's wall fall, only reaching out to lightly pat his companion's back.

They missed afternoon classes but the two didn't mind, they silently watched the maya blue sky slowly turn to carolina blue, watched the ever-blazing sun slowly sink towards the skyline. They stood, stretched and embarked towards their classrooms when the final bell rang, completely relaxed with each other's company despite the light bantering.