☼ The Calico Cat Lifting the Crow ☼

Shouyou eyes the hues of green, gray and blue outside the window of the train nonchalantly.

He had spent his yesterday with Tooru and Hajime again; skipping school, eating whatever they could get their hands on and playing volleyball. Tooru had gave him setting advice while Hajime gave him strengthening tips. In exchange, he told the two about Tobio's embarrassing moments which the brunette setter gleefully ate up. He didn't mention to the duo that they had in fact, met before and that he knows their secret, no, he couldn't and wouldn't do it. He simply spent time with them, happy that for once, it doesn't look like he's damned and nothing looked like it was repeating. He bid them goodbye after the ever-fiery bumblebee yellow sun had been overthrown by the moon and slit his throat the moment his fingers curled around the wooden handle of the knife.

Shouyou opens his eyes and didn't lash out when he sees the celeste blue of the early morning sky, sees the bumblebee yellow of the morning sun, sees the dimming stars. He merely sat up, grabbed his phone from his pocket and opened his and Kenma's chat box.

☼ Shou ☼: Ken!
☼ Shou ☼: You awake?

Not a second later, his best friend replied.

♣ KenKen ♣: Yeah.
☼ Shou ☼: Okay cool. Can I hang out with you today?
♣ KenKen ♣: Don't you want to spend your last day with your team?
☼ Shou ☼: Yeah but I'd rather spend it with you!
☼ Shou ☼: Pretty please?
☼ Shou ☼: I'll bring a whole apple pie!
♣ KenKen♣: Deal.

After completing their plan, Shouyou pockets his phone and tramps back to his house to take a bath. An hour later, he barreled out of the two-story house with a half-finished bacon sandwich in his mouth and headed to the nearest bakery to purchase an apple pie for his gamer friend. Tokyo was three hours away from Miyagi by train so Shouyou hurriedly boarded a bullet train, not caring about the price since he's doomed to relive a single day and his money will be restocked once the day restarts again.

As he settles down on the metal bench, Shouyou's phone vibrated. Taking the device out and pressing the power button, Shouyou reads Koushi's message to him, asking about his absence. He cursed out loud as he typed his reply, chiding himself for forgetting to contact Coach Keishin and his moderator. Satisfied with his fib, Shouyou pulls out his earphones and listens to Bullet by Hollywood Undead and turned to watch the electric blue of the sky, watch the sage green of the tress and watch the abalone gray of the buildings outside his window.

Shouyou doesn't recall closing his eyes but the next thing he knows, the train stops and the train attendant lightly taps on his shoulder to tell him that he has reached his destination. With the box of apple pie on hand, Shouyou stands and exited the train, neck craning as he looks for his faux blond friend, noticing that the electric blue of the sky has now settled on powder blue. Frowning, Shouyou sighs and screams, "KENMA! I HAVE APPLE PIE!"

A few heads turned his way and sent him repugnant glances but Shouyou patently ignored them. Sure enough, a few minutes later, his gamer friend appeared in front of his with his face crunching up in distaste, offended of being called out. Shouyou giggled as he presents his peace offering to the anti-social second year who accepted the apple pie eagerly. The two gaits to Kenma's childhood home, Shouyou initiating the conversation while Kenma nods along but adds a few quips of his own. Kenma's parents had left for work and would be returning later around seven in the evening so the boys pretty much have the whole house for themselves.

To Kenma's delight, Shouyou willingly played Mario Cart against him, not once grumbling when he fell off the edge a few times and lost, though the grumbling came when Kenma selected Rainbow Road, the level Shouyou loathes the most.