Interlude 2 - Singing

The Lord in heaven listened to the songs of His earthly servant, this faithful man who was part of His plan. The songs were Earthly tunes accompanying a play being performed on an Earthly stage. But the way he sang it, opening his heart to the heavens so they could hear, ensured the spirit of his Earthly daughter who lived in the heavens heard him, and she sang too. The melodies were catchy, the words poignant to hear, but through their two voices, the agents of Heaven were able to open the hearts of people in the audience so that all could hear. There was a message in the play, and the open hearts of the people in the audience were ready to receive it. The singers' voices plus the agents of heaven made it so.

By the end of the play, more than one thousand people left the theater on Earth talking about faith.

"My faithful servant has done well," the Lord declared.

"The souls Jalyn has touched are all thinking about faith," the Angel of the Lord agreed. "Some are even praying about it, which is better yet."

"I hear their prayers," the Lord confirmed.

"My Papa heard the Lord's message," the soul once known as Melody affirmed. "He is singing."

"You did well my child in helping him to listen. My faithful servant is doing My work," the Lord confirmed. "He now understands his place in My plan."

"Singing is not enough to save the world," Lucifer, who was never far away, scoffed.

"It is not, however it has from the beginning had the power to reach the souls of the people of the Earth," the Lord said. "Not even you have the power to change that."

"Maybe not. Maybe Your servant has caused the people of the world to ask the question. But my servants have the power to whisper in their ears. To cause them to doubt the message they heard. To persuade those who heard it to ignore what Your servant's message said: that faith is different from religion or tradition, and consists of a relationship with You," Lucifer said.

"You may do your best to cause them to forget, but tying my message to music will do the rest. They will think of Jalyn's message each time they hear it, each time the songs play in their mind," the Lord said. "My servants will make use of the preparations in their hearts Jalyn and his music have made."

"Mmm, that may be true. But what of Cadence? I don't hear her singing up on the stage," Lucifer argued.

"Cadence carries my message by other means," the Lord decreed.

"She works with his children so they know too and are equipped to carry on the work my faithful have begun in their children's lives. Speaking to the people who live now is one thing. Continuing the message so that future generations will hear it is another. Both are important. Both have a place in my plan," the Lord said.

"Can she do it?" Melody asked in a worried tone.

"Watch and listen," the Lord decreed. "My faithful are not finished yet. There is more for the heavens to see, more for them to do."

And so those in the heavens turned their attention once again to the people of the Earth, watching as more than one thousand souls poured from the theater onto the street. Each of them it seemed, was talking about faith.

c