散兵 - 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙚

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲/𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐬

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭 : you're a part of Fatui's emergency team, people the Tsaritsa sends to harbinger's missions when things go wrong.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

It was a regular day at the Fatui headquarters. I was with my friend, Scaramouche. I managed to become acquainted with the hot-headed guy.
"y/n, I've got a mission today. I won't need backup likely, but if I do, I'll make sure to call for you."
"You can always trust me with that." I said with a smile.
"Yeah, I can." He grinned back.
"Smile more.. you look better with it." I muttered.
"Pardon?"

"Balladeer. It's time. Come to the escort hall." We heard the Tsaritsa's orders through the announcement speakers.
"See you later, Scara."

-

"y/n!" I heard Yuna call my name. Yuna is my team partner and my best friend. We got paired together because my pyro vision and her cyro vision work extremely well together.

"Yes, Yuna?"

"The Tsaritsa called us for a mission. It's back up for Balladeer."

The Balladeer. He always has such a bad temper, and hard to get along with. He works hard, though. That's what makes me so attracted to him, he's determined to get everything done perfectly. He always gets his missions finished swiftly and the way they were meant to be done... but he's calling for backup? What went wrong?

"Yes, right away."

Yuna and I got escorted to one of Inazuma's mountains, the area Balladeer was at.

"Yuna, do you see where he is?" I asked. The moment I asked, we heard from a distance,

"Suckers! Over here." We headed towards the voice and found Scaramouche heavily wounded. It seemed like it drained his voice to speak, not to mention yell at us. "What happened, sir?" Yuna asked, as she helped him up on his feet. "I can't believe that woman didn't take this quest instead.." He replied. That woman? I can only imagine he's talking about La Signora. "I can't fight a lot of the enemies here, my electro vision doesn't work on them." Right. This is Inazuma, homeland of electro. The Archon, Baal, granted all her people electro immunity. She believed that would help them live eternally. "There's a pesky spy here Tsaritsa told Signora to finish off but.. Signora got sick and I had to take it." Scaramouche's voice was hoarse and quiet, he was gasping for air. "A bunch of guards and hunters ganged up on me and I couldn't do anything." He said, dangling his vision and catalyst. "What about your delusion?" "I already used that recently. I can't use it again unless I'm asking for a death wish."

We took him to the nearest Fatui camp and let him rest there. "y/n." Balladeer called. "Yes, sir?"
"I still have yet to complete what I came here for, and you're coming with me. Yuna, you can head back to report to Tsaritsa."
"Understood." As Yuna was heading out, she gave me a playful grin, knowing I have feelings for this stern harbinger.
I looked at Scaramouche as he was getting healed by one of the hydro skirmishers. He looked so calm at the moment, it made me subconsciously smile.
"What're you smiling at me for?" There was a slight sign of happiness in his voice. "A-ah, nothing. Sorry." A little giggle came out of his mouth, knowing it was a lie.

-

We headed towards the area when we suddenly got ambushed by some Abyss Mages and Heralds.
"y/n! Use your vision and destroy their shield!" I did what I was told, and he finished off the Mages. The Abyss Herald started manipulating abyssal energy, creating a dark atmosphere. He has a pyro shield, I can't do anything against it.
"Scaramouche.. destroy his shield."
"You have to as well, your claymore can break it too."
I blocked the Herald's attacks with my claymore, and protected Scaramouche as he breaks the shield. The Herald shot plenty of fireballs our way, and there was no way I could block them all. "Scaramouche! Run!"
"No. I must make sure you come back safe."
It made me blush. "Thanks, Scara."
"Hmph, don't call me that."
We finished off the Herald, and found out he was the spy we were looking for.
"Well, mission's finished. Time to go back." Balladeer said. "It wasn't perfect but, at least it's done." He sighed in disappointment, putting his hand on his forehead. I accidentally grab his hand, trying to comfort him. "It's okay, Scaramouche. Perfect is hard to achieve every time."
I felt his hand squeeze mine back. "Thanks for.. being there for me. It means a lot y/n." I blushed, a lot. "Y-yeah."

"Maybe.. you're the soulmate I've been searching for."