魈 - 𝙭𝙞𝙖𝙤

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

𝐱𝐢𝐚𝐨

𝐬𝐡𝐞/𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐬

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"y/n! Want to try out my new dish?" I heard Xiangling call out my name. "It's a new recipe I just whipped up for the Rite, and I want you to be the first to try it!" All of Xiangling's dishes are surprisingly delicious, of course, I had to accept. "This is called the 'Sweet Dreams Soup', it's sweet and fragrant. Every bite makes you feel like you're eating dreams!" Xiangling said. I tried a sip and, "Xiangling! This is delicious! The taste really lives up to its name." I ate more and saw a light blue-haired exorcist emerge from the street.
"Chongyun! Try out my new dish." "Xiangling, you know I don't like spicy food." He said. "Oh, this soup isn't spicy! Ask y/n, she just tried it."
"Yeah, it's amazing. You should try it, YunYun." "Alright.." Xiangling passed Chongyun a disposable spoon. "Make sure you get a piece of tofu with the soup, it tastes a lot better with it." Xiangling suggested. Chongyun spooned up some soup with a piece of tofu in it and ate it. "Mmmmh, it's good Xiangling. It tastes like heaven." Chongyun said. "Thanks, Chongyun! That's what I'm going for!"
"Thanks, you two! I'm gonna continue experimenting and make new dishes for the Rite. Make sure to come to Wanmin Restaurant when it starts! We'll have a lot of new meals." Xiangling thanked us and started working on a new concoction.

-

Today was the day of the Rite. I visited Wangshu Inn to try to convince the Vigilant Yaksha into joining me. Verr Goldet asked me to get him to come with me, since he's never actually been at Liyue to see the Rite. "y/n, thank you so much for doing this." "Of course, Xiao is my friend after all." "He should be on the balcony. You can climb the stairs up there." I followed her directions and found the Adeptus at the balcony, staring off into the distance. "What do you want?" Xiao said. "I want you to come to the Rite with me tonight." I replied. "No. I don't like crowded and loud areas." "Please, I'll get you almond tofu, and other things if you'd want." Xiao sighed. "Usually I'd say no but, since it's you, I'll go." "Thanks Xiao!!"

"I'll walk with you there, to protect you from any danger." Xiao said. "Thanks." I blushed at his words, but he probably said it out of habit. "Actually, I'll just fly you there. It's faster that way." "wha-" He didn't let me have time to speak before he picked me up, and started floating. "Xiao! What if I fall?" "I won't let you." At that moment, I could feel him holding me tighter and fly towards Liyue. The sight in front was beautiful and I didn't dare to look down. "Afraid of heights?" Xiao asked. "If I'm this up high, yeah. I like rollercoasters though." "Mortal entertainment? Ridiculous. You should be spending more time with me, training to get stronger and protect yourself." Xiao said. "Actually, I'd like that. I'm not that good with polearms.." "Then I'll teach you. Don't want your new vision to go to waste." I saw a little smile from Xiao when he said that. "Hah... Thanks."

-

"We're here y/n," Xiao said. It was already 5pm, a good time to start eating dinner. "Xiao, we should go to Wanmin Restaurant! Xiangling is cooking for the Rite today and you might like her food." "Mortal food is no good." I held his hand and guided him to Wanmin anyways. "y/n! You came for dinner?" Xiangling quickly asked as she was cooking for hungry customers. "Yeah." I replied. "Great! Just tell Chef Mao what you want, and I'll get it ready for you right away! Here's the menu." Xiangling handed me and Xiao a menu. There was a section for all the new dishes created just for the Rite. "I'll have almond tofu." Xiao told Chef Mao. "I'll have the Sweet Dreams Soup." We both sat down at one of the tables and waited for our meal. "Xiao, why don't you try something new?" I asked. "I already did. I tried the grilled tiger fish. I can't swallow most mortal food." "I see... What if I feed you some of the soup I ordered? I tested it before and it tastes just like the name; dreams." I asked him. "Dreams, you say? You don't know what real dreams taste like." He mumbled some words, although I couldn't understand them. "Okay. I'll try it. But if I don't like it, do not make me come here again next year." Xiao set out this condition. I was fine with it, maybe he'll change his mind after seeing the main event. "y/n! You and your friend's orders are ready!" Xiangling said and placed my soup and Xiao's tofu on the table. "Enjoy!" Xiangling hastily walked back into the kitchen. I took a sip of the stew, "Xiao, it's really good. Here, try some." I spooned up some soup, made sure it had a piece of tofu and put it up against his lips.

𝐱𝐢𝐚𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐯

y/n placed the spoon against my lips. I feel my face getting red, and my stomach getting this turning feeling. Why is a mortal making me feel something I've never felt? I took a sip from the spoon she held up against my lips. "y/n, who made this? It's quite good." I asked. "See, I told you that it's amazing! Xiangling, the girl who served us, created the recipe and made it." she replied. "Here you can have the rest of mine. I'll order something else." She offered. "No, it's fine. Just feed me more." I wanted her to feed me. It gave me this happiness, I couldn't explain it.

We finished our dinner and headed down to the harbour. I saw a lantern of Moon Carver, running around up in the sky, along with plenty of lanterns. It was truly beautiful. "Xiao, let's go watch the fireworks!" y/n suggested. I followed her lead, ending up alone, above the water. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" she asked. "Yeah. It is."

Her eyes were scanning the air, mesmerised by the fireworks. I could see her eyelids slowly closing, eventually fully shut, and falling into slumber. I held her up. "Thanks for tonight, y/n." I kissed her forehead. 

"𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬."