Chapter Four: Hyuga Shizuko

Chapter 4: Hyuga Shizuko

Neji’s P.O.V

I watch as my Uncle leaves the house to go on his mission, Shizuko told him to stay safe and he promised he would. My sister stands silently until a quiet cough brings her back to reality. I look down the long hallway and see my cousin Hinata, her dark blue hair grew a bit longer the past year but it still didn’t reach her waist yet and her purple baggy shirt and dark purple pants look too big for her. She stands with an innocent look on her face and stares at my sister.

“Wh-who a-are y-y-you?” she wonders, stepping closer some.

“M-me?” Shizuko asks, pointing at herself. Hinata nods and waits for an answer.

“I’m Shizuko but please c-call me Lizzy,” my sister says. “And I know who y-you are, you’re Hyuga Hinata, m-my cousin.”

“Shizuko- err Lizzy,” I correct myself, she looks up at me with her green tinted eyes.

“Yeah?” she cocks her head to the side in a questioning manner.

“You can hang out with Hinata while I go train okay?” I look at her and back to Hinata, they both nod and Shizuko hugs me bye and I leave them talking. They sound a lot alike for only cousins, I turn and walk down the beige colored stairs and go out the door. Looking around I spot Kaida sitting with Tory and Sasuke at the ramen shop, Kaida is on the left side and Sasuke is on the right side- Tory is in the middle of them both. I approach them and sit next to Kaida.

“Hey Kaida, hey Tory, hey-” I narrow my eyes at the other person, “Sasuke…”

“Hyuga…” he copies in the same emotionless tone. I turn away and order some ramen from Ayame, the shop owners’ daughter. Once she turns her back to us to cook the ramen I turn to Kaida and Tor.

“Hey Kaida, anything interesting happen lately?” I ask randomly.

“Hai Neji,” she rolls her eyes, “Considering you were there for half of it.”

“Hiya Neji, where’s Lizzy?” Tor asks, breaking the tension between me and Kaida.

“Uh Shiz- err Lizzy is with Hinata, they’re getting to know each other,” I answer.

“Oh, can you go get them please?” she begs, not even noticing how I almost said my sister’s real name.

“You know, it’s weird seeing a cat have puppy dog eyes,” I smirk; I stand and motion that I will be right back. Once I leave I hear Tory telling Ayame that I’m just going to get someone and that I will be right back. I walk back through the alley and to my house once more, I open the door and climb the stairs. Pausing at my cousins door I listen to see if they’re getting along.

“Hinata, why don’t you just tell him?” I hear Lizzy ask with a giggle in her voice.

“Because, I’m afraid he won’t feel the same way,” Hinata responds, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard her say a whole sentence without stuttering once.

“I can do it for you if you want,” Lizzy suggests, “Or drop hints, ooh or maybe a secret love note!”

“Uh… I like the note idea, but what if he thinks it’s from you or Sakura or someone besides me?” Hinata wonders, “Considering it won’t have my name on it…”

“Hmm… I’ll work that out with the girls okay, but I feel my brother’s chakra at the door so you can write the note while I see what he’s up to,” Lizzy tells her, I back away from the wall and act like I am walking towards the door. I hear Lizzy standing up and soon she is fake glaring at me while she leans on the doorframe. “Don’t act sll innocent Neji-nii-san, I know you were listening in on our conversation for the last few sentences.”