Chapter 18: Temere

Dream woke up, noticing George cuddled up to him. His stomach filled with butterflies again. He tried to maintain from smiling, but the corners of his mouth found a way to curl up. He left the bed, moving as slightly as possible to not wake George. He slipped out of the door and was instantly greeted by Quackity, who had a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Slept well?"

Dream looked back at the bedroom door, realizing he came out of George's bedroom.

"Oh um, not like that, but yeah." He stumbled over his words, causing Quackity to laugh.

"I'm just teasing. Karl told me you two were sleeping very cutely." Dream's cheeks flushed a bright red. Quackity was about to say something else when Karl stood up from the floor. Dream hadn't even noticed that he was in this room also.

Karl groaned. "My back hurts like hell."

"Tell me about it, sleeping on the floor sucks."

Karl sat down on the couch, stretching his back.

"You guys slept on the floor?! Why? There are enough other places to sleep, which are much more comfortable than the hard floor."

The other two looked at each other with a worried look in their eyes.

"You may want to not tell George about this, seeing he was really freaked out about this mess."

"Tell him what?" Dream sat down next to Karl, looking at him suspiciously. He really wished for no more bad news, there was already so much.

"We haven't exactly proved it, but em-"

"Proven what? What's going on?" Dream got more impatient with every second.

"The blood moon burns people who are Fortis, like Quackity and-"

"George."

George wasn't going to like this, his life had been so messed up for the past weeks. Getting burned by the blood moon was really disturbing to add up by all of that.

"Okay... We just won't be outside if the moon is up, right?"

Karl shook his head yes. "The moon is almost gone, you should wake George. We have to be in Vulgus by night."

Dream hated Vulgus. He had lived in the town all the years before the attack, and never wanted to go back again. Memories of the people he had killed there overflooded his brain. Vulgus was his horror town, a place without good memories.

"Are you okay Dream? You zoned out."

"Yes, sorry. I'm going to wake him."

He gave Karl an apologized look and went back to George's bed. The male was still sleeping, snoring softly. If he could, he would watch him sleep for hours, it was calming. But he knew they had to hurry if they wanted to reach Vulgus by night. He placed his hand on George's shoulders, shaking him gently.

"One more minute," George mumbled, turning away from him.

"We have to go, there's no time for 'more minutes'."

When George didn't answer him, he began to tickle him. He let out a noisy squeal, pleading Dream to stop.

"Are you coming?" Dream said while still tickling him.

George gasped for air. "Y- Yes, stahp!"

Dream laughed at the squirming brunette, leaving him alone in the room. Five minutes later they were gathered by the door, all their things packed in bags. They were ready to travel to Vulgus.