Chapter 3: Wedding Rituals

Aarav's POV
I, Aarav Malhotra in my early 30s. I am a police officer. Since childhood, I wanted to serve my country.

I was 5 years old when my parents passed way in an accident. I was brought and raised in the orphanage. I worked part-time to pay my college fees.

I fell in love with Manvi when I first saw her at the college. She was arguing with seniors who were trying to bully her. I saw her but couldn't confess my feelings for her till Alisha introduced me to her.

We became good friends and fell in love with each other deeply. After my graduation, I went for police training after my selection and return back to Mumbai after a year as a police officer.

I hated cops who were dishonest, corrupt

I hated cops who were dishonest, corrupt. I never left any criminal for even a single penny of the amount offered to me. I did about 10-15 encounters for which I was given a bravery award and promoted as an ASP within 5 years of my service.

It was truly a blessing for me, I felt Manvi was my lucky charm in my life without her I am incomplete.

I had to leave for Delhi, because of some terrorist activities before our engagement. On the day, I ran behind them along with my team and ended up injuring myself in the shootout.

I killed both of them and smirked "Aarav Malhotra se koi bach nahi sakta"

My colleague praised me and tapped my shoulder "Brave mam, but you are injured let's go to the hospital first"

I agreed and went for the treatment. I sighed, as I was late and won't be able to reach the venue on time. I booked the flight and immediately left for Mumbai.

I reached the venue and apologized to her. I even surprised her with our new apartment and we spent a romantic night together. Later, in the morning I dropped her home. 

She hopped off the bike and I held her wrist. She glanced at me and said "Aarav.." 

"what? I will see you on the wedding day till then miss me" I said with a smile on my face. 

She looked down shyly and then said "don't injure yourself, I am expecting you to come on the helicopter instead of on a horse on the wedding day.." 

"