Epilogue

Manvi's POV

I was in my eighth month of pregnancy, I saw the newspaper headlines. "ASP Aarav Malhotra exposes ministers" I felt proud of his achievements. I realized, my desire to have more ruined the beautiful relationship I had with him. 

I got up from the couch and moved to the bedroom. I looked around and his dirty clothes were lying on the bed. I picked them up and placed them into the laundry. I opened the wardrobe and hanged his jacket. I found something lying under the cloth. I pulled it out and opened it. It was the diamond necklace which he had gifted me during our honeymoon to Paris. 

I remembered when we had 5 hours before our flight back home. I had been looking around and my eyes feel on the necklace "Wow It's so beautiful" I touched the glass. 

Aarav came to me with shopping bags and said "Manvi there is no space in the bags where will I keep all this?" 

I glared at him "in your suitcase.. you just have a few pairs of clothes!" I replied

Aarav sighed deeply "baby! I will be need to pay extra for all this let's go we have flight to catch"

I made an innocent face and he narrowed his eyes "What??" 

"one last thing" I said with pleading eyes. 

Aarav rolled his eyes at the necklace and denied "I will buy for you at our wedding anniversary" 

I made a face "but that's in a year I want it now" I said stubbornly.

"baby I am a police officer not Neil Ambani let's go" He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the streets. 

"That won't be even there after a year! just one diamond necklace" I tried to convince him. We reached the airport and he held my hand. 

I looked into his eyes and he smiled "I promise I will get you that and does that matter more  than my love?" he asked in such loving tone that it melted my anger.

A smile curved up my lips "no.." 

Then, on our first month anniversary. He took me out on a special dinner date. I saw a gift wrapped on the table. I picked it up and opened it, my eyes became wide as it was the same necklace which I saw in Paris. 

Aarav smiled "I told you I will get it"

I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek "You are the best but how??" 

"It doesn't matter your happiness matters to me" Aarav replied.

"Aarav tell me how?" I glared at him. 

Aarav sighed deeply "It's on installment Manvi.. that jeweller is my friend's relative so I requested him" he informed me. 

"I am sorry" I apologized. Aarav grabbed my hand tightly "don't be" 

I came out trance of my thoughts and a tear escaped down my eyes. I checked the bill and the last installment he settled a few weeks ago. "Manvi you were just an idiot! he knew he can't afford it but he got it for you! that branded dress when he returned after the mission.. I just messed up everything" I was in guilt for hurting him so much. I realized I had been the most clumsy person, making bad decisions of my life but he accepted me the way I was. He never stopped caring for me, even if I was angry at him for not giving me priority and spending time in work. He apologized despite knowing he wasn't wrong. 

I failed to understand him and others took advantage of our arguments and ruined our marriage. I heard the door unlocking sound, I closed the wardrobe and moved out of the bedroom. He returned home with a bleeding forehead. I got conscious, I walked to him and asked "Aarav this?"