Chapter 33: Her Pain

Manvi's POV

I stepped out of the courtroom after our divorce was finalized. I saw him speaking to Sameer, I walked towards them and heard his words. 

"Keep her happy always! You can give her what she expected from me" He said with a smile and left from there on his bike. He didn't even turned back once and looked towards me. Sameer placed his hand around my waist and I turned my face to him with a forced smile on my face. I suppose to feel good after the divorce but I was feeling guilty about it. 

Can just a piece of paper can break the relation of five long years? I will always be connected to him. I took a deep breath and sat inside the car with Sameer. 

He brought me to his bungalow. He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled "you take rest I will go to office and meet you in evening baby.. we will celebrate tonight" he kissed my forehead softly and left the house. 

I moved into the bedroom and changed. I placed my hand on my belly and glanced at myself in the mirror. A life was breathing inside me, I remembered my divorce and then coming at Sameer's house. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes. I moved to the bed and lay down thinking about a new start with him. 

Later at evening, I woke up from sleep and stepped out of the room. I saw Sameer sitting on the couch with his business associates and discussing about business matter. 

"well that's for the day.. anything just email to me I shall see you next week" he said and the associates walked out of the house. 

He asked looking at me "how are you feeling?"

"Good" I replied. 

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and takes me upstairs to the terrace. I was surprised to see private dinner date planned. A smile curved up my lips, he pulled the chair and signaled me to sit. I sat down and he sat opposite me. 

"I thought why should I take you to a restaurant when I can arrange at home" He said

"it's beautiful Sam I loved it" I replied. He placed  the champagne into the glass but I stopped him "no.. I am pregnant Sameer I can't drink"

"I know baby! It's non alcoholic trust me" he said as he had kept that in his mind. I moved my hand and he poured it into my glass. 

I sipped some and then we had the candle light dinner. "Cheers to your divorce and our new beginnings!" he shouted

This still seemed a dream to me. I was having a perfect life the way I always dreamed off. A month passed by and staff had been taking care of me well. It was my appointment with doctor and I wanted Sameer to be with me. 

I called him but he disconnects my call leaving me disheartened. I received his text "in meeting will see you in evening!" I made a face. Since the day I had came to his house he had began to neglect me. Earlier he use to ignore his meetings office calls just to spend time with me. 

I sighed deeply maybe I was thinking too much due to my pregnancy. I went to the hospital and did my checkup. The doctor glanced at me and asked "Where is the father of the baby?" 

I didn't have any answer. "He is busy with work" I replied

"Manvi you must take care of yourself.. It's third month of the pregnancy. Your husband need to give you time specially emotional and mental support." The doctor explained and I passed a smile in return. 

I picked up my file and moved out of the consultant room. I saw Alisha at the pharmacy and gets surprised seeing her in the hospital. I walked to her "Alisha.." I called her. 

She turned and gets angry seeing me. She walked a bit but I held her wrist "Alisha please at least you don't behave like this with me" 

She jerked my hand off and confronted me "Manvi! You have ruined your marriage but also broke a person who loved you selflessly. Today, he is in such condition because of you and I will not forgive you for this"