Chapter 37: Her Guilt, His Care

Manvi's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself on hospital bed. I sat up straight with help of the nurse. I placed my hand on my belly and tear escaped down my eyes. 

"don't worry mam your baby is safe but this time you must take care of yourself as there are some complications now due to that assault" The doctor informed me. 

I nodded in yes. Sameer's truth had shaken me, he played with my feelings. My desires, the greediness of wanting more ruined my own life. This child will be called illegitimate and I can't bear such allegations on him. I got discharged from hospital when doctor informed me my ex-husband cleared my bills. 

I moved out of the hospital and stood at the corner of the street with no place to go. My parents had abandoned me, that person I trusted is in jail for his deeds and Aarav who loved me selflessly I had given him pain for life despite that he saved my life. I was always behind the red flag and this guilt will keep on traumatizing me. 

The jeep stopped in front of me and I was left amazed to see him. Tears slips down my eyes which wasn't noticeable by him as it was washing away with the water drops. Does he still love me? I sat inside the jeep and he headed off to the route which lead to his flat. 

He stopped the jeep in front of the building. The guard saluted him, I stepped down and he gave the key to the guard. I was feeling dizzy due to the medicine affect and it reflected in my eyes. My vision in front of me was blurry. I walked a bit but tripped. He grabbed me by shoulder and I kept my hand on him. He looked at me and said "careful" 

I walked with his support and we took the lift. He pressed the button and within few seconds we were on the floor. The constable gives him the flat key and smiled "Sir the house is back to the way it was" 

"Thank you" he said softly. I stepped into the house along with him. He made me sit on the couch and moved to the kitchen straight. 

I could hear him making something but didn't had courage to go in front of him. After half an hour he returned and forwarded the plate to me "baby needs to eat proper diet food! have it then take your medicines" 

I held the plate and began to eat silently. He takes out the file from my bag and began to read it. He took out the phone his pocket and called my doctor. He spoke with her for almost 20 minutes and ended the call. How can his heart be so kind? He knows this baby is not his yet he brought me home and takes the responsibility of me. I remembered the moments I spent with him, our grand wedding and his compromises just to make me happy. Sameer's entry in our life and manipulating my mind against him. He returned and I should have stopped meeting Sameer but after that attack I just made another wrong decision by fighting with him. I wish things were different. 

He helps me get up and takes me to the bedroom. He made me lay on the bed and covered me with the blanket. He turned off the lights "call me if you need anything" he said and turned to leave.

I grabbed his hand and said "Aarav please don't go" 

He removed his hand from my grip "I am just outside and we are not husband wife now I cannot stay in your room" he said and moved out of the room. 

His words pinched my heart like a needle. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but it was away from my eyes. I closed my eyes and soon drifted into sleep. The horrible night still troubled me and I woke from sleep "no..." I began to sweat heavily. Tears brims down my eyes remembering Sameer's acts. 

Aarav entered the room and sat down beside me. I looked at him emotionally and hugged him tightly. He placed his hand on my head and consoled me "everything is fine Manvi.. he is in jail" 

I broke down in tears, the words were stuck in between my throat. He tightens the grip around me assuring me I am safe protected in his arms. After a while I broke the hug and he made me lay on the bed. I closed my eyes when he assured me he isn't going anywhere. 

As the sun rays touched my eyes, I opened them. I looked around and found him sleeping on the couch which was right in front of me. I moved to the washroom to freshen up. I took the bath and stepped out of the bathroom. He wasn't in the room, I walked outside and saw him at the dining table. I sat down on the chair and he placed the breakfast along with juice in front of me. Seeing his care, I was driven into the deep guilt of hurting him emotionally. When everyone abandoned me, he stood by my side. Indeed, he loved me more than I loved him.

I silently at the breakfast and he placed a phone on the table

I silently at the breakfast and he placed a phone on the table. "This is your phone. I am going out to get some groceries do you need anything?" he questioned.

I shook my head negatively. He moved out of the flat shutting the door. I picked up the dirty utensils and moved to the kitchen. I cleaned the dishes and noticed he had already prepared the lunch. I sighed deeply and moved to the couch. I turned on the television and news was playing. 

Tear escaped down my eyes and Sameer's words echoed in my ears. I don't know this baby is actually his or Aarav? He was right, I wasn't loyal to either of them. I placed my hand on my belly, earlier I had a hope that Sameer will take care of that child but his accusations broke all my misconceptions. I can't be cruel to Aarav and give him responsibility to take care of an illegitimate child. 

I saw a knife on the dining table, I got up from the couch and took slow steps towards it. I picked up the knife and pointed it towards my stomach. Tears slips down "I am sorry but I can't give birth to you" 

I was about to hit myself with it but someone grabbed my hand. I shouted "leave my hand! I want to kill this child..." 

Third Person POV

Aarav purchased the groceries and headed back towards his flat. He saw the news playing about Sameer, who was sentenced to life imprisonment. He was satisfied hearing it, he reached the flat and opened the door. He looked in front and dropped the bags. He rushed towards her and hold her hand as she was about to kill herself. 

"leave my hand! I want to kill this child..." she shouted.

Aarav was left in complete disbelief at her act. He shouted "Manvi.. leave the knife" he tries to stop her but she was determined at her decision.

"no! this belong to him! that bastard.. he ruined my life" she said in broken tone. Aarav realised she was having a trauma. He snatches the knife from her hand and throws it away. She moved and picked it up again. 

Aarav pulled her back and slapped hard on her face. "Manvi! get to your senses.. you can't kill an innocent life" he takes the knife from her hand and keeps it on the table. 

"Don't punish the child because of your sins and mistakes! You don't have the right" Aarav pointed finger towards her. He made her sit on the couch and takes a deep breath. He turned off the television and shot a deadly glare at her. 

"why Aarav? why you love me so much?" she questioned him. 

Aarav grabbed the stood and sat in front of her. He grabbed her hand tightly and squeezed it a bit "My love for you ended the day I saw you in Sameer's arm Manvi in front of my eyes. As a humanity I am taking care of you as you were important part of my life." 

She was left flabbergasted hearing his words. "Don't ever try to kill the child again! I know you are hurt but the child is innocent so don't punish him" he said and got up from his place. He picked up the groceries bags and moved to the kitchen leaving her in grief.