Thank you for giving lifetime memory

"What" I almost shouted in shock. He smiled and explained to me "I am Runner-up for National Tournaments and was selected by Jury Committee for Asian Athletics Competition but..." he looked too sad and pitiful, there must be a big reason for his worries and not entering Asian competitions. I don't want to interfere in his affairs but, I can't stand his worrying face so I asked him, "If there is anything I can know, then you tell me" by holding his right palm in my hand, I again said, "No matter what I am always there for you".

He raised his left hand and rubbed my hair like coaxing a little puppy. Then he grasped heavy breath and started telling his story "My parents loved each other and married against their parents' wishes, in their first few month's dad's salaries was less so, he used to work part times and travel to bring investments. Mom supported him, but after starting his business, he became too busy to come home and mom got annoyed by years of loneliness" before continuing, he took a deep breath and a trace of sadness appeared on his face

"Since my childhood, I have never seen them showing affection for each other and every minute they used to complain and argued. After a few year's, dad got completely immersed in the business world and mom started to have her world. They never cared about me, granny watched me grow and took care of me" He couldn't control his emotions anymore. His eyes became dark red and tears filled them, he wanted to walk away from me so that I can't see his tears but it was too late.

I squatted in front of him, took a tissue from my bag and wiped his tears. I patted him on the shoulder and said "Is there anything wrong?". He recovered slowly "on the day of my Asian Competition, I received a call that she died due to a heart attack. I left my competition and returned home".

I felt sorry for him, his parents never cared about him and the only person who loved him died, this is more pathetic than ever. At that moment, I understood why he is so lonely and never interacts with others. Before I say comforting words, he spoke again "On the day of the national competition I heard she is sick but my parents didn't tell me. I couldn't concentrate on running and came runner-up" we both fell silent for a few minutes, neither of us knows what to say next. But he seemed so sad so I decided to comfort him "I think your granny is so proud of you, whether you win or not, the one who truly loves us will always love us forever and support us"

I am not that good at comforting but listening to my words, he smiled, dragged me and said "shall we go again to the scary house". I got angry again and started to chase him. It was evening and finally, for the last ride, we decided to take Ferris Wheel. He is afraid of heights, but when I said trust me, he came with me. We enjoyed night fireworks sitting on Ferris wheel. Today I have seen different Jack who is lovely, played games with me, childish and shared his pain.

He dropped me at my home and when I was going inside, he called me "Jane". I turned around and said "Yeah". He smiled and said "Thank you for giving me a lifetime memorable day." I walked towards him and said, "The Jack I know today smiled a lot and he is so handsome, I want him to always keep smiling as a return gift for me". He looked down with a pitiful expression but soon raised his head and said "He will try". After saying he left and I went inside.