67

When she told me she was moving out from the country, I felt nothing. I believed it was like something we would usually talk about.

At night, before I went to bed, I would imagine how my days would be without her. I'd think of lonely days which made me sad but then I would fall asleep and wake up on time just as always.

She would mention she was moving out almost everyday. When the bell rang she would say

"What will the bell sound like at my new school?"

When a guy would wave at her goodbye or hello, she would say

"Will there be any cute guys?"

When we went at the usual coffee shop, she would say

"Will there be any shops with such great coffee?"

When she looked out the bus's window, she would say

"How is it gonna be there?"

She would smile and then the next moment she would look skeptical.

She looked excited and sad simultaneously.

I never replied to her questions. I could have told her that everything would be great, but I didn't want to make her feel as if the life she had here wasn't good enough.

"Tono gave me her green purse today." She said happily while we were going down the stairs.

"She knew I liked it and she gave it to me as a goodbye present." She added sounding satisfied. I didn't speak.

What could I say? I wondered what she expected me to do as her bestfriend.

Should I have given her my golden necklace or should I have bought her something nice?

Was I wrong for just telling her I was losing a piece of myself?