8.

~Christian R.

My mom showed up in ten minutes. "He's so precious!" She smiles and takes him from me. "Where's Lov'e?" She ask. "With her cousins upstairs." I answer. "Do you have her old crib?" I nod, she completely disregarded my sentence. "Go get it, and put it in the empty room. I'll take him with me on a Wal Mart run." I nod again, going down to the basement. I got the crib and went upstairs seeing Lov'e, Madi, Kenzie and Domi laying in the living room floor watching tv. I hurried upstairs and set the crib up in the empty room. The room had a dresser, now the crib, and some old pictures. My mom agreed on watching the kids, while I attempted sleep.

I sat on the couch, watch Laya dancing on the pole in our basement. I take a hit of my blunt and smile at my babygirl as she climbed up the pole, stripping her clothing slowly. Teasing me, knowing I was on hard. "Like what you see daddy?" She ask smiling at me, I nod and take another long drag of my blunt. I was getting higher by the second. Laya grins, coming towards me, taking my blunt, she took a drag and put it out. Placing her hands on my shoulders, she straddled my lap, kissing behind my ear, trailing down my neck. I just let my head fall back, enjoying her kisses. "Fuck babe." I groan smirking a little. Until she stood up, tears down her cheeks. "What's wrong Laya?" I ask tryna grab her, but my hands kept going through her. She began screaming crying, I kept tryna grab her. "Laya come here!" I stand still tryna touch her, but she began fading away. "No, Laya please!? Please Laya come back? Please?" I beg feeling my own tears fall down my cheeks. "Daddy." I hear the two angelic voices. I see Lov'e and Kaden crying. "Come here." I say. They came, but as I tried to pick them up, they began fading too. "Noooo!"

I shot up out my sleep in sweats. I sigh, getting up and going down the steps. My mom was awake rocking Kaden. "Christian? You okay honey?" She asks. "I miss her ma. Why me!?" I began breaking down. "Christian, it's been two years! You have to get over her eventually." I shake my head feeling weak. All I could do is cry and gasp for air. My mom places Kaden down before hugging me.

*

-L.

"Melvin let me go!" I scream, but quickly got punched in the mouth. I wipe the blood from my mouth. "Come hea'!" I go to Melvin, he slams me onto the floor. "Stop fucking playing with me!" He snaps. I kick him where the sun don't shine, "You little bitch!" He snaps. He pulls his gun on me, I began crying. "Melvin please?" I beg. "Where my son?" He growls. "I don't know." I whine. "You're fucking lying!" I shake my head. "Laya IM DONE playing with your ass! Where did you take my fucking son!?" I felt myself feeling sick, "C-Christian." I cry. "You still fucking with that nigga huh!?" I shake my head frantically. "He's safe there Melvin!" Melvin smacks me, I swallowed that shit. I'm so used to being hit. "Mel, jus let me go? Please?" He gives me a look, "I don't want shit to do with that mistake."

Melvin tried to rape me one last time but I took off running. I ran to the nearest store hiding in the bathroom for a few hours. I combed my hair and paid for some make up to cover my bruises.

I caught a cab to Christian's. His Audi was outside. I stood there, at the door, not sure rather I wanted to go inside. I ring the doorbell, Mrs. Richards opens the door. She looks me up and down, "How?" She ask obviously mad. "I'll explain..."

-Christian R.

I sat in the living room with Kaden on my arm. Lov'e was on my lap asleep. I stared at Laya. "Where the hell you been?" I ask pissed. "I'll take the kids upstairs." My mom says taking Kaden from me, Lov'e had to walk upstairs. "M-Melvin, he took me." She says. "So you were alive when you got to the hospital?" She nods and stands, "Look." She lifts her shirt, revealing where a bullet was, "And my forehead." I look and see the small mark. I just look down, "You coulda let me know you were alive." I say looking up at Laya. Her hazel eyes were tired, I could tell she covered her bruises with makeup, her hair was tangled and matted.

I stood and took Laya upstairs. I stripped her and put her in the shower. I sat on the toilet as she showered, "Christian." I look up from my phone, "Yeah Laya?" I ask. "I love you papa." She says, I smile, "I love you baby. We got a lot to talk about." I tell her, "Talk." I know she gone be taking a long shower. "I don't want you leaving this house often...." I begin, "I need you to be home with Lov'e and Kaiden, that way I could keep you out of harms way." I explain, "I agree babes. But I do have to go out sometimes." She comments, "You will when I'm with you." I add, "I don't want us rushing to have sex either, that's what tore apart our last relationship." Laya says, "Babe, you know Im all about pleasuring you." She giggles. "I realize that, but your an addict. Sex is your drug." I nod in agreement, even though she couldn't see me. When she got out the shower, her body looked new again. Her eyes were bright, I stood and wrapped my arms around her. I picked her up, taking her to our room, putting her on the bed, and diving between her legs. "C-Christian." Laya lets out, I know since she was with that Melvin nigga, she got no love, it was all about him busting a nut and moving on.

*

I woke up and Laya was on my chest. Passed all the way out. "Babes." I shake her. "Yes?" She yawns, "I gotta go okay?" She nods and puckers her lips. I smile, peck her lips and get dressed. I call Dom, "This your last fucking time Trigga." Dom growls, I laugh a little, "Shut up bitch. Im on my way to the trap. Plan layed out?" I ask. "Yea lil nigga."

*

After three hours of searching for Melvin, we gave up and decided on going back to the trap to chill. "So what made you jump right back in?" Douglas ask lighting a blunt. "Got my girl back, got two babies. Gotta take care of business." I say taking a drag from the blunt, before passing it to Dom who was looking pissed texting on his phone. "Wassup Dom?" I ask. "My fucking daughter missing." He stsnds up, I stand too, grabbing mygun from the coffee table, "Let's go." This why they call me Trigga, Im always trigga happy I be ready to shoot any nigga. We sped through the streets, searching, knowing Melvin had something to do with Madi missing. We stopped my by house, my door was wide open. "Laya!" I yell starting to run up the steps. I find her in the bathroom with Lov'e and Kaden. "You alright mama?" I ask kissing her head. She nods, "Let's go. Im taking y'all to a hotel for the night." I say taking Kaden. Laya followed me, "What about you?" She ask grabbing my hand, "I gotta stay with Dom." Her eyes water, "Melvin is doing this." I put my arm around her, "I love you mama. It don't matta what that nigga doing. I gotchu if you gone listen alright?" Laya nods.

This gone be a long as night.