7.

*2 Years*

-Christian R.

"Give daddy a kiss." Lov'e stands on her tip toes and pecks my chin. "Be good Lov'e. Im not playin' witchu." I say using my serious voice, "Otay daddy." I smile at my little girl and give her bag to my mom. "Be careful Christian. I know you're still working the streets." I look down at her and look away, "When you gonna change huh? The streets is what took Laya from you, yet you're still selling dope! What if something happens to Lov'e? Then what Christian? You're gonna go on another killing spree." I stare down at her, "Mama you don't understand." I say shaking my head, "What don't I understand Christian? I'ma gonna take Lov'e from you if you can't get it together." I sigh and look at my babygirl, standing between us, paying more attention to the ground than us. "I've done it before Christian." She growls. "Okay mama. Lov'e the only thing I got, why you wanna do some shit like that?" I ask, "Cause you're not a fit parent Christian! You drink, smoke, have females around Lov'e and you think it's okay! You sell drugs for crying out loud." I lean against my Audi feeling sick. I look down at the ground, "I can't quit mama." I felt a tear slide down my cheek, "Daddy, it otay. Don't cry." Lov'e holds her arms up for me to pick her up. I kiss her cheek and she hugs my neck. "Lov'e, would it be okay if you lived with Mawmaw for a while?" I ask her. "But I love you daddy. You give me away?" Another tear slipped down my face. "Lov'e I want you to be safe. You can come see me whenever you want okay?" Lov'e shakes out my arms, I know she probably mad at me. For Lov'e to be two and half, she understands a lot more than half adults. I let her down, seeing her cry. "Come on Lov'e. Christian, you call me tonight. Understand?" I nod, "Lov'e wait." I call, "Come here princess." She comes to me I scoop her up and place a kiss on her forehead, "Lov'e, I love you. You know if I keep you, you'll get hurt okay? One day I promise I'll pick you up from MawMaw's and we can go live in a big house okay?" She nods, "With mommy?" I look away from Lov'e, "Maybe." I answer. "K. I love you daddy." She kissed my cheek and I let her go off with my mom, when they pulled off, I went inside my condo.

I gotta get my shit together. But as of right now, I got dirty work with Dom to handle. I dressed in all black, grabbed my gun, loaded it, and tucked it into my pants. I grabbed my work phone and my iPhone and stuffed them in my pocket. Put on my cross chain, this little macaroni necklace Lov'e made for me, so I wear it just to make her happy. I tucked all my jewelry in my shirt before locking up the house.

I walked to my car, and seen someone walking towards me, I stop and look up. "Trigga you got a bag for me?" He don't look familiar. "Nah, you gotta go bro." I say. I see a police badge, ya boy ain't fucking stupid. "Hm. Wrong one!" He calls then walks away. I shake my head, I hate ops.

I pulled up to the trap, parked, and walked inside, Dom was sitting at a table playing cards with Pier, Jerome and Douglas. "Wassup?" I sit at the table. "Y'all ready to lay the plan out?" Douglas questions, everybody nods. "Alright well this what we got." He laid out a map and showed us some markings of the warehouse we were heading to. I sigh and hear my iPhone ring. I get up and go to the bathroom, "Hello?" I answer. "Daddy." Lov'e cries. "What's wrong baby?" I ask. "MawMaw and Papa fight." I sigh, "Lov'e, don't go near them, go upstairs and lay down in daddy's room okay? I'll be to get you in a couple hours." I hear her sniffle, "Otay daddy. I love you." I smile, "I love you too baby." She hangs up the phone. I shake my head and go back to the table.

We loaded up, strapped up, got the black vans out and left. On the way, I decided to talk to Dom. "I think Ima drop out again." I tell him. "Baby bro, you realize Im only letting you do this cause you're my brother. But why?" I look away, "Mama tryna take Lov'e from me." I say looking at him, "I don't like that bitch man." Dom says gripping the steering wheel, "Im glad she don't know about my kids man. I tell you I got another one on the way?" I smile, "You gone have all of LA filled with your kids." I laugh, "I know, but this one a little boy. Im excited." Dom smiles, showing his bottom grill. "But after this mission you can quit." I nod. "I gotta meet your wifey." I say. "Tomorrow. Bring Lov'e." I nod again, before looking down at my phone. 12:30 AM. I sigh and wish I was home asleep with Lov'e, even Laya in my arms. Fuck, I miss my babymom.