Chapter 2

I'm going to be trying to get as many chapters as I can out tonight and it's only 11:30pm here lmao so you're in for a ride um anyways enjoy!
_________________________________________________

The last few days have been completely insane since the toast raid. I've done one stream since and it was pretty chill, just a few people from toasts raid joined and complimented me. My Twitter mentions have gone crazy I've had to mute a lot of Twitter features since as well. I haven't really thought about how big it was until just a few minutes ago when I hit 4thousand followers on twitch and 3thousand on Twitter. Letting out a stressful sigh I put my phone back in my pocket and getting back to making lattes and iced teas. I've worked here since I was a teen and it helped me get my pc and set up for streaming.

I believe within about a month of starting to stream I got affiliated and it only went up from there. I got raided a few times but a few different smaller streamers so there weren't as many people raiding me as I had the other day with the toast raid. There's about an hour and a half left of my shift and I continue doing my thing making drinks. I take an order from a guy around my age "wait are you Sydney?" He asks. I raise my eyebrows and nod slowly "yeah that's me" I reply. "I follow you on twitch, I didn't know you work here" he says. "Oh I've actually worked here for about 8 years, it's helped me get everything to stream" I reply. "can you accept tips?" He asks. I shake my head "no I can't do that sorry" I reply. He nods understanding. "I understand uh I see you sometime then" he replies.

He walks away after getting his drink from my coworker. "What was that about?" He asks. I shrug ignoring it and moving on, the next hour goes by quick then I clock out once I'm done. "Want your end of shift drink?" He asks. "Yeah sure I'll need it" I reply. He chuckles and proceeds to make my super strong drink, I get 5 espresso shots over ice with caramel syrup and drizzle, A splash of oat milk and vanilla cold foam. "thank you, see you tomorrow morning" I reply. He nods and I head home driving, I get home and Anna's on the couch watching tv.

It's about 3pm so I've got an hour or so before I start my stream for tonight, I'm playing valorant with comfort, Kylie, Patrick and Kellie. Comforts streaming as well so it should be fun. I join Anna on the couch before she heads off to work, I work mornings and she works evenings and we get a couple hours to hang out before she goes to work.  "How was work?" She asks as I take another sip of my coffee. "It was alright, I got recognized by a follower so that's weird" I shrug. She shakes her head "you'll be able to quit soon" she points out. I nod "I know, I've been there for almost 9 years" I think out loud.

Before I got to streaming I had 2 jobs and they were helping, once I got to making a bit of money with twitch I quit that second one and I haven't been able to let go of this job. I know it's going to be hard to quit when the time comes but I hope they understand why. As I get recognized at work it'll be harder to do my job so let's hope that doesn't happen soon. While I'm scrolling through Twitter a dm pops up, disguised toast. Holy cow! "Um Anna guess who just dm'd me" I whisper staring at my phone in awe. "Who syd who dm'd you? Is it another simp?" She jokes. "I mean if he's a simp I'm a simp" I joke showing her.

Her eyes widen and she smiles excitedly "what did he say?" She asks. "Oh all he said was hey" I reply opening it. I type out a quick hey and send it. I go back to watching the tv "shit I gotta get going, I'm off at 10 so I'll let you know when I'm on my way home" she says. I nod and she heads out and I switch shows. Before I have to start stream in an hour or so I make something to eat quickly and drink my coffee and then drinking some water so I'm not as shaky during stream.

I check Twitter again and see another message from toast.

@/Disguisedtoast: you streaming tonight? Also what's your discord?

My eyes widen and I bite the inside of my lip typing out a reply.

@/Sydpyt: yes I'm playing valorant with a few friends, and my discord is Sydpyt as well

Not even worried about getting a reply I go back to watching my show and eat my small meal. I turn off the tv and head to my room to set up stream. I make sure they're still wanting to play and then start streaming to do a bit of a briefing. "Hey everyone! Welcome back tonight I'm going to be playing valorant with a few friends, please get something to eat, some water and a blanket it's comfy time" I start up.

I join the discord call and they're talking already, I join the game and we're just waiting to start up. "Aye miss popular is here" comfort jokes. I roll my eyes "haha so funny, how are you comfort" I reply. He chuckles "I'm good how are you?" He asks. "I'm great, pumped with coffee from work and I've had water lets do this" I reply. Kylie and Kellie both laugh at our bickering and the game starts. While I'm playing I read chat and laugh at a few comments, lots of them simping over me.

Every few minutes I get a donation or subs are gifted. "Holy cow, 10 gift subs thank you" I smile and turn my attention back to the game. I'm the last one standing of this round and I managed to get the win against 2 others. The tt reads off a comment. 'Wow you're so cracked' I laugh slightly and look at the comment. "Oh thanks toast, thank you for watching again" I smile slightly. The next round starts and the nerves kick in a bit and I try my best. "Yo what happened?" Comfort asks. "Oh sorry just suddenly got anxious" I reply. He chuckles "all good" he replies. Kylie laughs slightly "is toast there or something?" She jokes.

I bite the inside of my lip again "uh nope" I lie. I can hear comfort laugh "liar my chat told me" he says. I roll my eyes and go back to killing an enemy. We play for about 2 hours until Kellie and Patrick have to go then Kylie, comfort and I switch to playing car soccer in rocket league. "You're cracked syd" Kylie comments. I laugh slightly smiling "thanks it's been a hot minute since I've played so don't be surprised when this doesn't last" I joke. Comfort chuckles "you're so sure you'll end up fucking it up" he replies. "Well duh of course I am" I joke back.

We play for another 2 hours then I end stream a bit later and sit on the couch watching the tv and waiting for Anna to get home. She texted me while I was ending stream that she got asked to stay for a few extra minutes. I scroll through Twitter while watching and she comes through the door. I look over and she looks exhausted "come sit I'm being a couch potato" I joke. She smiles and plops down next to me and we watch tv for an hour before heading to sleep. "Wait how was stream?" She asks. I smile "toast was watching again" I reply. She smiles happily then heads to her room. I plop on my bed and fall asleep after scrolling through tiktok and Twitter for a few hours.

_______________________________________________________

Aye chapter 2 so quick, I really hope you enjoyed reading um I'm really hyped up on monster right now lol I'll probably write 1 more before going to sleep and then hopefully getting out at least 5 more chapters tomorrow

Vote
Comment
Follow me
Enjoy