Chapter 3

Hope you enjoy, don't forget to vote and comment so I know you're reading!
_______________________________________________________

"Sydney!" My manager says trying to get my attention. I look up from my phone "yes?" I ask looking up. She has her arms uncrossed "your break was done 5 minutes ago" she says. "Oh shoot I'm sorry, I lost track of time" I say. "You're off soon just keep your phone away" she says. I nod putting it in my pocket and going back to the drive thru window. Sometimes I like being in the drive thru and sometimes I don't. Today is a day I like it, it's been a very quiet morning thankfully. I'm not streaming when I get home, I'll be streaming tomorrow morning since I'm off all day. It's been about 2 weeks since the toast raid and we've been talking every couple days. He's actually pretty cool.

The next 2 hours goes by quickly and I make my other post work drink. "See you in a couple days" my manager says. I wave goodbye as I leave the store. I head to my car and text Anna to let her know I'm on my way home, she replies with a sweet. She's off for the day so she says she'll roll us a couple joints to relax on the couch. I believe corpse is streaming among us later so we're probably going to be watching.

I get home quickly and run up the 2 sets of stairs up to the apartment and I leave my bag on the chair by the door and plop on the couch next to Anna. "Wanna smoke or do you wanna change out of that nasty fit?" She asks. I laugh slightly "I'll change I don't wanna get any weed smell on my uniform" I say. She nods and I jog to my room changing into sweatpants and a tshirt. I plop back down as she hands me a joint for myself, I spark it up and we watch tv while smoking. "Have you checked Twitter at all today?" She asks. I shake my head "not really I've got a lot of things muted on there" I say. She smiles "you've gained 100 followers just today" she says.

Grabbing my phone I go to Twitter and take a look. "Holy cow that's a lot" I laugh slightly. I've gained 1,300 followers since toasts raid. I guess a lot of people are clipping it and putting it on YouTube and tiktok and all the other social media's. I open one clip and it's Rae reacting to toast raiding people. He raided someone else that night but didn't end up following that person. "Oh she's adorable! Oh my goodness i saw that tweet of his tagging her" Rae says. My eyes widen "no way" I laugh not really believing it.

Anna slides closer and watches "was that Rae?" She asks. I nod quickly sobering up a bit "y-yeah THE Valkyrae talked about me" I whisper. She smiles rubbing my shoulder "that's amazing" she smiles. I sit back amazed "you guys should go follow Sydney she seems super cool and fun" I hear her says. "HOLY SHIT" I shout. Anna laughs slightly and then refreshes my page. "You just gained another 10 followers" she says. "No way" I whisper. She nods smiling "yeah go look" she says. I quickly go to my Twitter and see how much it's gone up in a day.

This is literally insane I can't comprehend this right now. My hands start shaking and I try not to get too emotional "tweet out a thank you" she says. I nod and start typing a quick thank you.

@/Sydpyt: oh my goodness thank you all for the follows on here and twitch, I'm going to be streaming a morning game of car soccer duos with my friend @/comfort_zoned for about 4 hours i would appreciate the love

I sit back putting my phone away while I get even more baked with Anna and we watch tv for the rest of the night. It's honestly been really crazy these last couple weeks like I'm getting so close to be able to quit my job and stream full time. I've saved up enough rent from donations and working since before I even needed to pay rent with Anna. At about 11 we both head to our rooms after shutting off the lights. I plug my phone in across my room playing some music so I can sleep. My alarms set for the morning. I like doing morning streams sometimes, just for my international followers. I never really liked calling them fans and I never will it's just weird.

________

My alarm wakes me up at about 7:30am, I let out a groan and head over to my phone turning it off. There about an hour until I start stream so I head to the kitchen quietly and start making myself some cold brew I made before going to sleep last night. I take a few sips waking up fairly quickly and making some toast so I don't starve during stream. I sit at the island and eat my toast taking sips of my coffee, before going back to my room I top up my coffee and head in setting everything up.

I've been streaming for four years, it's become such a routine now, at first I was just doing a lot of mine craft streams and then I branched out into other games and streaming other things like drawing and doing a book club. They really liked that for some weird reason. I start stream and tweet out a link and then join comfort on discord. "Good morning, how's your stream?" I ask. He yawns and I laugh slightly "good good, kellie's moderating today" he says. "Of course she's awake, she does too much for us" I reply. "Oh yeah I agree, we appreciate it tho" he says. "Oh heck yeah, you ready?" I ask. "Yeah yeah let's do it" he says.

We start up and we're off to a good note. I read chat every so often, there's about half as many people as usual but it doesn't really matter I'm just enjoying this stream today. "How many followers do you have now?" I ask him. "About 1k" he replies. "Holy cow that's awesome" I smile happily. If I've gotta blow up so does he I don't care. While we're playing and kicking butt a noticeable comment pops up and the tt voice reads it out loud.

'Check your dms' I raise my eyebrows "just a second comfort I was told to check my Twitter dms by someone in chat" I tell him. "All good all good" he says. I grab my phone and check, a message from toast. I raise my eyebrows and read it.

@/Disguisedtoast: hey I know this is last minute but I'm gathering a lobby for 3pm pst for among us would you like to join? I've seen how you play and I know you can fit right in

My eyes widen and I smile biting my lip and typing out a quick fuck yeah. I put my phone down and go back to playing the game. "What was it about?" He asks. "Oh nothing, you'll see later" I reply. "Okay then" he replies. We play until about noon. I end stream while we're still in discord "what was it?" He asks again. "I'm not telling you, you'll have to see in a few hours" I tease leaving the call.

To distract myself I sit on the couch watching tv for a bit. Anna had a morning shift so she's still there for an hour or so, thankfully she'll be able to see that I'll be playing with toast. I'm not even sure who else is in the lobby but I'm really excited. I make myself another cold brew and continue the episode that I'm on. The next hour goes by quick and Anna's finally home from work.

She comes in and plops down on the couch next to me "I popped into your stream a couple times, what are we doing tonight?" She asks. I bite the inside of my lip "um well I'll be playing among us with toasts lobby at 5" I tell her. Her eyes widen and I smile giggling "really?" She asks. I nod quickly smiling "yeah he invited me while I was streaming, I'm not even sure who else is in the lobby but I'm excited" I answer. She smiles "I'm excited I'll definitely be watching if you stream" she says. I nod quickly "oh yeah I've gotta" I answer.

________________________________________________

The stream will be in the next chapter don't worry! Thank you for reading this it really means a lot even tho I'm typing like a maniac right now um if you came from Twitter thank you! I love you all

Vote
Comment
Follow me
Enjoy