☆Chapter 42☆

"Boy, was it outrageously ama-zhang!" It was the first thing Bethany said as soon as she exited the Horror House. She twisted her lips to the side and nodded her head to the sideways.

It was a unanimous decision that we go inside the Horror House ride. From what Mason, Bethany and Dylan had told me, it's far from being like the roller coaster rides except for the fact that it's "ghost-ey".

Their descriptions had increased my excitement level but it went down the drain by the time the ride was over. To say that I was unhappy would be an understatement of all time. Although, the three of them didn't share my gloom.

The ride allows six people with three in the front and three at the back. Bethany sat between Dylan and I while Mason was seated behind us with the two other teenagers. Sitting in the corner was one of my biggest mistakes, especially my side of the corner. 

There were so many men with scary masks lined along to frighten us every few seconds through the entire ride. Each time they'd just come on my face and roar. Only my screams were heard while everybody else laughed to my dismay. Then my side had once unexpectedly tilted down, giving an illusion that we might fall down.

I felt like Dylan wasn't scared because he must have been used to it while Mason loves these rides as he'd told me. The reason Bethany wasn't petrified was because she'd informed everyone beforehand that she prefers to sit in the middle. Every time. Now I know why.

"You're a scaredy cat, Rachel," Dylan remarked with a smirk.

"Shut up."

"It's okay, Rach. It was just a ride. Don't fuss over it, guys," Mason said the last statement while glaring at Dylan.

"But still, you were a classic entertainment," Bethany bit her lip to eschew giggling.

Mason was about to say something when I beat him to it. "Well that was because you were sitting in the middle which has the perks of literally no danger."

'I'm talking as if it was a real ghost house where people die!'

"Oh, come on. That's just an excuse," she argued with a snort.

"All right then. How about we switch places and see? I want classic entertainment too, as you put it." I said this because I didn't expect her to give me an affirmative answer. I didn't have any intentions to go back inside once again.

"Seriously? You both are fighting over this?" Dylan said, pointing a finger at us. "Besides, even if she sits where you were sitting then I think she's already familiar with the setting and masked men and stuff."

"I don't think so. If I watch or read a horror movie or book, my heart beats fast. And trust me, I re-watch and re-read more than I could count even after knowing that it's gonna be scary." I don't know why I was even arguing at this point but somehow it made me feel better. I felt like today's not my day. Everything was spiralling against me and I could only do so much to stay positive.

"Okay then, fine. We'll switch places if that's what you want," Bethany said, slinging an arm around my shoulder. "Don't look so sad, honey bun."

'What's with everyone and their quirky nicknames?'

I'd clearly not expected that reply but I didn't say anything. It was my fault anyway. We turned back around and made a beeline toward the Horror House. I was too reluctant to go back but keeping my mind strong, I willed my legs to move forward.

After waiting for some time in the long queue, it was finally our turn. I took a seat between Mason and Bethany. My heart was beating faster than a cheetah because I knew what was going to happen.