chapter 9

Past

Nicolas

The crowd was huge.The media we're all around the place, the crowd of citizens and the president's bodyguards. There were police officer patrolling the areas, little children running around the huge play ground. This was going to be the bestest assassination, it would be every where on the news. It wasnt going to be an easy mission. Every guard was alert, It wasn't making sense to me, it wasn't feeling right. Kai already explained the plan to me, it was simply and straight forward. I was stationed in one of the hostels which surrounded the city centre. My sniper inches from the window, pointing at the stage. The job was simple, shoot the president where he stands and leave. After which, I'm  done doing Kai's bidding. I was going to leave the organization and live a normal life with Stephanie. I didn't want to put her life in danger anymore and I hated it when she worried about me. I wanted to be with her, I wanted what was best for her no matter what. I was willing to be a normal person with a normal life, I  was going to take over my dad's multi million companies and forcus on her. On us.

" Nicolas do you copy?". A voice questioned through my ear piece. I forget all about her.

"What was that?."I said while adjusting my ear piece.

"The president's car is about to arrive."she noted

"Noted. keep a safe distance." 

"Try not to make a big mess." She teased and with that, she went off.

Kaitlyn has been my partner for some months now, she hated me at first because of how I was an asshole to everyone in the organization. She was assigned with other partners before, but they ended up either beaten up or exchanged for another. She was tuff to handle and hated when men tried to hit on her. I wouldn't blame them.
She had a body of a pornstar, simply fucking sexy. If it was the old me I would have taken her and she would fucking love that, but this Nicolas had eyes for only one girl and damn I missed her perfect ass. Stephanie had changed me in a way that, I could see her and no other woman but her.

Nic you know I love you right..I want everything about you.. even your love.

I smiled to myself, she was really had the sweetest voice. I couldn't help but fall in love with it. She had my heart locked. I only loved Stephanie."Kaitlyn.."
My view moved to the man in a black suit, he was going on the stage. It was show time, the guest of honor was here for the party.

"You're ready.. " her voice came through the ear piece again.

"Say when.."I placed my finger in the trigger, moving the gun to get a better angle. The only thing standing between me killing him, was the perfect moment. Kaitlyn just had to tell me when.

The president waved to the crowd with a big smile on his face, he took the micro and started his speech. The two guards next to him were in suits. I was growing impatient. What took Kaitlyn so long? This was the perfect time.

"Kaitlyn..."

Suddenly, I heard a huge bang. It was a gun shot, I moved my view to behind me and heard footsteps running on the other side of the door. The hotel guests were evicting the building. Who the hell did that?. I looked over to the president and he was taken away by his bodyguards. The crowd of people were panic. Everyone running rampant and the police leading them to safety. The sound of the gun shoot came from here. Who ever shot that bullet was in this hotel.

Some police men were heading towards the building and I had to leave. I placed my sniper in the bag and exited the room. The hallway was already cleared, so I didn't have to hide. I couldn't use the elevator, it would be to risky. I ran for the stairs to the parking lot. I pushed opened the exit door to the parking lot and turned my ear piece on.

"Kaitlyn I'm in the parking lot. Where are you?"

No response.

"Kaitlyn come in..this isn't the time to fuck around." I was getting impatient, but still no response. I was breathing heavily because of the running and sweating a lot

Where the hell was Kaitlyn. I searched around and couldn't seem to find the car. She left without me.

"Freeze.. stop right there" a voice shouted from behind me

Shit

"Drop your weapon and turn slowly now.."

I did as I was told. The police officer stood in front of me pointed a gun at me. I raised my hands in defeat, he caught me. He moved closer and kicked my sniper away, giving me an advantage. I snached his gun from him and hit his head with it, He fall face down and I began to run. I reached the end of the parking lot and met the rest of the officers. They point the guns towards me and I held no choice but to put my arms up. I was rounded and completely helpless, I had to give in.

"Like that nic.." a voice spoke through the ear piece

Kai

"Hope you like prison because that's going to be your new home. I'm sorry I won't be able to visit you frequently... This is exactly what you deserve you asshole.. you are going to rot in prison for the rest of your life..all because of me.." he said with relief in his tone.

"Place your weapon down now" an officer ordered.

"You hear that nic... This is the end of you. This is going to be the last time you smell freedom.. take a good look around because from now on you'll only see four wall... The four walls that will be your friend forever. I wish I could see your fucking face right now.. priceless.."

"On your knees" another officer ordered. I knelt down slowly, I wasn't going to fight back.

"You're fucking tongue tied or what.. sorry nic, but don't be mad at me okey buddy... Hope we're still best friends always." He laughed out

The officers moved towards me at a slow pace till they were inches away.

"Bye now Nicolas see you never." And he cut the connection.

I pulled the ear piece from my ear and dropping it next to me. My fist landed on it, breaking it into small. How could he do this to me, that motherfucking bastard double crossed me. He led me in doing this mission just so he could trap me. He planed a fake shoot out at the hotel I was in, just to get me caught. He betrayed me and left me to rot. And I blindly followed that piece of crap.

I was fooled since day one

The officers handcuffed me and took me, we walked towards the police car and I was shoved inside it. The crowd people all staring at me, reports taking pictures of me. I didn't care one bit, all that was in my mind was  how fucked over I was. I was led on by the one person who helped my ass, ever since we were kids. The one person who made me who I was, the person I trusted the most. I wasn't going down like this, I wasn't going to rest until I paid Kai back the favor. I was going to get out of here, even if I had to do it illegal. I didn't give a fuck about it all, I was going to break every single bone in his crappy body. I wasn't going to stop untill his blood was on my hands.

I wanted revenge. And it was going to be soon

***

Ouch.. your own best friend, God I would also want the same no lie.. anywho

How you all I have missed you all like so much. Guys you ain't fair. What about my votes and comments..😭😭😭

Please guys.. I'm not perfect but just press it for my sake.
It ain't fair.. I want a comment.

Or even advise it's cool by me.. please... Okey good night..byeee 😘❤️