Chapter 8.

Chapter 8 ━━ Chocolate Cookies

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it. Or why it came up here with you. For all we know, this thing could kill him." Newt says, looking at Alby, who is in the worst state. 

"He's already dying." Katherine tells. "Look at him." 

"How could this possibly make it any worse?" Newt asks. 

"Kat's right. Come on, it's worth a try." Thomas points out. 

"All right." Newt says, handing a syringe to Thomas. "Do it." 

"Okay." Thomas nods, gripping into the syringe through his shaking hands and holds it above Alby's chest. 

Without a warning, Alby bolts upwards, grabbing a hold of Thomas through arms straining against the straps holding him down to his bed. "You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!" 

"No!" Katherine quickly pulls Alby's hand off Thomas's neck with the help of others when Teresa stabs the tube into Alby's chest. Alby calms down within seconds and lays back on his back. 

"Well, that worked." Jeff mumbles. 

"Okay, from now on… someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Newt orders. 

The door creaks open and Gally walks in with a scowl as always. "Hey. Sundown, Greenie. Time to go." 

"Of course." Katherine scoffs and punches on her brother's arm jokingly. "Try not to turn into a Griever and eat Gally on the way to the pit." 

"Can't promise." Thomas grins, before following Gally outside. 

~~~ 

"Quite a day, isn't it?" Newt asks as they make it to his bedroom. 

"Yep." Katherine agrees and collapses on the bed, exhausted. Chuck agrees to sneak into the pit and give some food for Thomas without getting caught by Gally. So, she's relieved that her brother doesn't have to spend the night dealing with hunger. "Where's Teresa sleeping?" 

"At Alby's room." Newt answers and takes a runner backpack out of his wardrobe. "I wore this when I was a runner." 

She gets off the bed before walking to him and observing the leather backpack. "That looks cool." 

Newt smiles and hands it to him. "Give this to Thomas. He will need this more than me." 

"I will." She takes it and traces the edge of the backpack. 

"Good that." Newt smiles tiredly before he unties his shoes. "You don't need to sleep on the floor again. I don't mind sharing the bed. Only if you're okay with that."