Chapter 11.

Chapter 11 ━━ New Hopes

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

The remaining Gladers gather around one of the maze entrances as a boy brings Teresa and two other boys bring up Thomas, who is pretending to be unconscious. 

Thomas's body is tossed on the dirt as Gally crosses the names of the walls. 

"This is such a waste." 

"Gally… It doesn't feel right, man." Winston says. 

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right?" Jeff agrees. "Maybe he can lead us home." 

"We are home. Okay?" Gally tells and points at the wall with the names. "I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall." 

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa asks. 

"No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering." Gally says and the boy, who's holding Teresa roughly pushes her to the pole, ties her arms up. 

"What? Wait! Gally, what are you doing?" 

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way." Gally says, turning to the rest of the Gladers. "And when the Grievers get what they came here for… everything goes back to the way it was." 

"He's right." Katherine steps forward. Gally's face fills with surprise. It's like he never expects her to side with him. She can also see a twig on the side of his mouth. "This is the only way." 

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" 

"You shut up!" Katherine spats at Teresa and turns to Gally with a smile. "We can't leave the Glade." 

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back… until you're all dead!" 

"Shut up! Tie him up!" Gally turns to the boys, who brought Thomas. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" 

"Yeah. Tie him up…" Katherine says, giving the signal with a nod at her gang and lands her fist on Gally's nose, sending him into the ground. "…or not." 

Thomas elbows one of the two boys in the stomach and grabs his spear and hits the other in the head.  

Newt uses the handle of his machete to knock out another boy as Theresa kicks the boy, who tied her up.