The Truth

Aiden's POV:

I was on my phone when I saw Lucy leave. I got up and followed her out and sat on the porch swing.

I saw her going over to the basketball court. She looked around then pulled down her pants revealing basketball shorts.

She pulled down her pants further and what I saw shocked me. She has a prosthetic right leg. I didn't move from my spot and watched her play. She was great.

Then it hit me that why she always wears long pants, that's why the girls team didn't want her they thought she couldn't play.

I got up and went to find Donna or Bean. On my way there I found Bean and Becky playing. "Hey Bean, can I ask you something?" "Ya" "your sisters leg? Do you know what happened?" I asked him. His eyes widened then he ran down stairs to the adults.

He ran up to Sally and started crying. "Mommy Mommy Aiden he knows about Lucy's leg" he cried. Everyone turned to me then looked back at Sally. Her and Eric's eyes widened then they turned to me.

"Where is she?" Eric asked me. I pointed out side to the basketball court. We all ran outside and saw her shooting the bank shot Lenny uses and everyone also saw her prosthetic leg.

Everyone gasped. She must of heard cause she turned around and looked shocked. She dropped the ball then ran off into the forest.

Andre and Bean ran after while everyone else turned to Sally and Eric an explanation.

Eric sighed "5 years ago Lucy was hit by a drunk driver when crossing the road coming home from school. She had to get her leg amputated in the end. She tried the real looking prosthetic but they wouldn't adjust to her leg. She ended up with the metal prosthetic. She didn't want us to tell anyone in case you saw her differently. The only one who knows outside the family is Andre because he goes to her basketball games and they are in the same school."

When Eric finished I bolted for the forest after Bean and Andre. After a while of looking I found the near the lake through the trees.

Bean was sitting on her lap hugging her while Andre sat beside her. Andre saw me coming and saluted Bean to follow him and he did. Lucy sat there looking out into the lake and I sat down next to her. "Nice view" I commented.

She sighed "I'm sorry I didn't tell you it takes a while to earn trust for me more then others. But I'm glad your here I think your a really great person."

I looked at her and she looked at me. She leaned against my chest and I wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Hey can I tell you a secret?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm supposed to be going to Milan in the morning but I over heard Dad on the phone saying he cancelled the flight but no one else l knows" I whispered in her ear which made her giggle.

She did a zipper motion on her lips and we decided to head back.

When we got back everyone hugged her and she smiled. I'm glad this is my large family.