Detective Chesney Household

*stage begins with Mariah and Jace standing in the kitchen, impatiently waiting for their daughter Kennedy to wake up *

Mariah: Kennedy Chesney, get down here this minute! *Mariah flips over the pancakes and begins to set the table*

Kennedy: *flips off the door, groans, irritated at her mother* I'll be down in a minute MARIAH!

Mariah: *rolls her eyes and looks at Jace, frustrated and lovingly* Honey, sometimes I feel concerned about our daughter. I mean, what if she turns out....like that Paige girl.

Kennedy: *stands up and slowly walks towards the bathroom*

Jace: *wraps his arms around his wife, and pulls her close, then shouts (accidentally into her ear) RESPECT YOUR MOTHER!

Mariah: *attempts not to curse but turns around irritated* Let me go, I need to finish making breakfast.

Jace: *looks confused at his wife, shocked that she stepped away from him* Honey, are you okay?

Mariah: *rolls her eyes at her husband's ignorance, but lets out a sigh* I think it's time for you to go to work.

Jace: *Looks at watch, eyes widen* You're right, thanks so much, honey. What would I do without you? *laughs lovingly and kisses her cheek*

Mariah: *not having it, looks away but grudgingly accepts the affection* Yes, I know honey. Now head on to work, I'm sure you have a lot of 'important' things to do.

Jace: *ignorant of the true intention of her words, smile s at her and walks out the door* Bye, honey love you!

Mariah: *sighs in relief now that he's gone, and turns towards her daughter's door, ready to face another challenge.*

Kennedy: *looks out the door, and notices her father has left* So the tin man left for work?

Mariah: *wants to laugh but holds it in* Tin man?

Kennedy: *smirks* Cause he has no heart.

Mariah: *motions her daughter towards the table* I've made breakfast for you darling.

Kennedy: *smiles at the food, frowns at her mother* This looks 'appetizing'

Mariah: *shakes her head* I made your favorite, I'm going back to bed if you can't be polite, then there is no reason to be here.

Kennedy: *rolls her eyes but realizes that she did something kinda wrong* I'm sorry mom *said with sarcasm* I'm very 'appreciative' of all your hard work, I really do 'love' you. I mean you do so much work, unlike father who doesn't even have a college degree. The damn idiot.

Mariah: *brows furrow, confused and amused* I mean you are correct that your father is..., but there are a lot of people who don't attend college that are quite bright.

Kennedy: *walks to the table and grabs a fork, and places a stack of pancakes on a plate, and then proceeds to stuff her face* Good grub THIS time mom.

Mariah: *lets out a sigh of acceptance* Thanks, honey your praise means SO much.

Kennedy: *scoffs at her mother in grudgingly* why don't you go upstairs, I'm going to finish eating and then go to that prison they call a school

Mariah: *steps closer to her daughter, becoming upset* You are NOT going to be talking to that Paige girl again are you?

Kennedy: *deadpan* Yes.

Mariah: *angry* Even though you know I disapprove of her?

Kennedy: *deadpan, with a touch of anger in her voice now* Yes.

Mariah: *Angry* Do you even respect me as your mother?

Kennedy: *smiling for the first time during the whole scene* No.

*end of the scene*