Phase 1: Chapter 6

I am still in Thomas' arms, but I don't want to let go. I feel safe in his embrace. And as cheesy as this may sound, I feel like nothing bad can happen while I am with him. Tonight, I almost died, someone almost killed me. And for what? Because I am a girl. I take a deep breath and try to calm down. I can't seem weak. Not now.

"I thought I would never see you again..." I whisper into Thomas' ear. My voice trembles and I feel warm tears stream down my cheeks.

"Hey, it's ok, you're ok. You're safe now don't worry," says Thomas and pulls me back just enough so he can wipe the tears away from my cheeks. I close my eyes, and despite all that has happened; I smile.

"Somebody is bloody cheery after what they have been through," booms Newt's voice as he approaches; snapping me out of my cozy state. "We were all so bloody worried shank. Don't do that again!" he smiles.

"There is going to be a Gathering to inform everyone that Gally is going to stay in the Slammer for the next week or so," Alby announces to nobody in particular "But...before we do I want Thomas, Newt, Minho, Madeleine and I to go and discuss everything that happened. Meet you shanks at the Deadheads in about ten," he says and walks off in the other direction.

I look around and see that all eyes are on me. I try and read their expressions, but, it is impossible to do so. They seem proud and worried at the same time. "Well don't just stand there! Can one of you shanks bring me something to eat? I am very hungry you know..." I bite my lips waiting for a response. It is funny when I mock the boys. They never see it coming.

"I'll go!" says Chuck and wobbles towards the Homestead.

"So...how are you Greenie?" Minho asks with a creased brow on his forehead.

"Peachy," I smirk and shrug my shoulders "I have been better though...," I look to the right; and to my surprise I see Gally still lurking around like a hawk prepared to eat its pray.

"He will be put in the Slammer after the Gathering," Thomas fills me in almost like he read my mind. He grabs my hand, and with the boys we walk to the Deadheads; where Alby is waiting for us with his hands on his hips, not looking very pleased as well.

"Start talking," commands Alby with a harsh, croaky voice. His eyes are piercing through mine, like I am just another teenager in the Glade who is wasting his time.

"Um...ok, sure thing boss," I sarcastically say, and I can almost feel Thomas and Newt suppressing a laugh next to me. I clear my throat and start talking "It all started when I was going to go take a shower. Thomas and Newt were just behind me, but then, out of nowhere, Gally throws me in the maze. I obviously had no water, no food, and nothing to protect myself. Plus, the fact that I had never been in the maze made the whole situation even worst; the only things I knew about it were what I had heard from you guys. Anyhow, I thought that I needed something to protect myself. So I made a bow from wood and vines, and when I started running I found a bag; probably one of the Runner's, which contained all the necessities, and thankfully arrows," I say, looking towards Minho's direction. He seems impressed, and has a small smile forming at the corners of his mouth. "I then got attacked by a Griever. Basically, I shot the Griever in the eye, and after what seemed like a lifetime of running, I managed to kill it. Then I came here," When I finish with the re-encounter of the night, I stop talking and observe. Thomas is communicating with Minho and Newt silently. I need to remember to talk to Thomas in private later.

"Interesting story; however, I am having a hard time believing that you killed a Griever. I strongly suspect that Gally was right about you Greenie. Maybe the Creators protected you last night and that's how you survived. Maybe you were sent here to destroy us," retorts Alby.