Chapter 4

We sat down at one of the tables eating our ice cream. I had cookie dough and Avery got chocolate peanut butter cup. She couldn’t keep the smile off her face. Maybe things will start to change with her.

“Mommy, today has been the best day of my life,” I smiled at her

“I’m glad it was.”

“I can’t believe I met them. I never thought I would. I guess dreams do come true,” she said finishing her ice cream.

“I guess so. So, did you make any new friends at the park?” I asked and her face fell.

“No,” she whispered.

“Why not?”

“They were being mean to me and running away,” whoops. Guess they weren’t playing tag.

“I’m sorry, Avery,” I said feeling bad.

“It’s fine,” she said and her face light up.

“Hey! Fancy seeing you hear!” I turned around and Louis was behind me.

“Oh hey,” he took a seat at our table.

“Where are the rest of the boys?” I asked.

“Oh you didn’t miss me?” he said acting hurt.

I laughed and so did Avery, “well,” I said. “I just wanted to know.”

“They went back to the hotel. I wanted ice cream so I came here.”

“I’ll get you an ice cream!” Avery said standing up quickly. Me and Louis laughed at her. “What kind do you want?”

“Hmm” he said pretending to think. “I want ICE CREAM!” I laughed at him. “I’ll have cookie dough.” She nodded and went up to get Louis’ some ice cream.

“So, now I can talk to you while she gets the ice cream,” Louis said.

“Well you got the same I did. I love cookie dough ice cream.”

“Me too!” he exclaimed and I laughed.

“Well, it seems like you’re following me,” I said.

“Pssh, no! I just…..uh…. wanted ice cream,” he said nervously.

“I totally believe that,” I said sarcastically.

“Really?” he paused for a second and said, “You were being sarcastic weren’t you.”

“Yup.”

“Alright, alright. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out sometime.”

“SAY YES!!!!!” Avery yelled coming back and Louis chuckled.

“I guess so,” I said smiling.

Avery handed Louis his ice cream and he said, “You want to hang out tomorrow?”

“Sure. Where should we hang out?”

“Your place?” he asked.

“Yea sure,” I said and got up and threw my trash away. “Well we’ve got to go home, but thanks for the picture and autograph.”

“And number.”

“Number?”

“It’s on your back,” I tried to look at the back of my shirt, but failed. “Just call me when you get home.”

I smiled. “Alright,” I said and Louis got up and hugged me. Avery hugged both of us and she smiled up at me. I laughed nervously knowing what she meant. I let go of Louis quickly and said “Bye.” And took Avery’s hand and we walked away. She kept staring at me smiling. Oh no. It’s gonna be a long way home.