Chapter 5

“You like him,” Avery teased.

“I do not,” I blushed a bit.

“Yes you do. You LOVE him,” she said.

“I do not LOVE him.”

“Then why did you look at him like you use to look at daddy?” she asked.

Did I look at him like I use to look at Josh? “How did you know that?”

“You use to look at daddy that way all the time,” I smiled.

“Well, Avery. Even if I did like him, which I don’t, he wouldn’t like me.”

“Yes he does,” she said.

“You don’t know that,” he couldn’t like me. He’s famous. Why would he like me?

“He looked at you the same way you looked at him. Trust me he likes you and you like him,” we finally got home and she yelled, “CALL HIM!”

I laughed and said, “I will. Just give me a minute.”

She started counting, “1, 2, 3, 4……”

“Alright, alright. I’ll call him,” I said. She is a weird child.

“YES!” she yelled and ran to her room. I laughed and took the shirt off leaving me in my undershirt and I dialed the number.

“Hello?” he said.

“Uh, hi. It’s Mackenzie,” I said.

“Oh Mackenzie! You’re the girl I met at the park.”

“Yup,” I said and sat down on the couch.

“Great! So how’ve you been?”

“You just saw me a couple minutes ago,” I laughed.

“A lot can happen,” he said.

“Well nothing happened so you’re out of luck,” I said.

“Oh, okay,” he said and I heard talking in the background.

“oooh you talking to that girl you like,” I think Harry said.

“Louis likes someone!?” Niall said.

“Shut up!” Louis yelled.

I laughed. I got a call on the other line and I said, “I’ll call you back, Louis. My boss is calling.” He said okay and I got on the phone with my boss.

“Hello Stephen,” I said.

“Hi Mackenzie, I need you to come to work as soon as possible. I have a truck coming in and we need more workers to unload it,” he said.

“Stephen I don’t know if I can come in today. I don’t have anyone to watch my daughter.”

“Well either come in or you’re fired.”

I thought about it. I needed this job. “Alright I’ll come in. I’ll be there in a half an hour,” I said and hung up. Who would I call to watch Avery. Would Louis watch her? It’s worth a shot.