4. {Good job guys, you've just killed yourselves.}

Rue's pov:

I wake to the sound of the maze opening it's entrance, the runners would be in there by now trying to find 'a way out' even though I know there isn't one (Trust me I've ran every single inch of that maze).

I dress myself and grab my sketch book making sure to pick up a pencil on my way out. I decide to skip breakfast today as I'm not hungry, I end up walking to the opening of the maze and sitting against the wall next to it.

I stare at the blank page not knowing what to draw, my creativity level at zero. I sit there for almost an hour doing absoloutely nothing.

Anger builds up inside of me, I can't even shucking do something as simple as draw. I chuck the sketchbook about a metre away from me in annoyance and place my head in between my knees.

"Thanks." I hear a voice say.
I look up and see Thomas holding it. Oh shuck.

"Give it back Thomas." I demand, I'm not in the mood for this.

"What if I wanna have a look?" He says, while smirking.

"Just give it back!" I say again.

"Okay." he starts,

"Thanks." I mumble.

"After I have a look." He adds on, and with that he opens it and flicks through the pages.
"Thomas!" I half shout while standing up, by the time I get to him he's seen most of it all already.

"Rue, these are amazing-" he says shocked. I cut him off by snatching it out of his hands.

"Whatever." I mumble and walk off.

~<—————————————————————>~

For the next few hours I just walk around watching the boys do their jobs. They give me nasty looks but I just shrug it off, not caring.

I have a sandwich frypan made me for lunch, just a simple cheese. The maze's walls will be closing soon and I haven't spoken to Thomas since he saw my sketches, I feel bad for just walking off after he complimented them. So I decide to find him and apologise.

After looking everywhere I finally find him with Newt in the gardens.

"Hi Newt, Thomas." I say to them.
They both respond with "Hey y/n."

I quickly whisper into Thomas' ear; "Sorry about earlier."

He gives me a quick nod and whispers back to me; "No worries." I smile, then he winks at me. I roll my eyes, the shucking bitch side of me coming back already.

"Hello? I'm standing right here." Newt says and I hear Thomas apologise.

"Wait guys?-" I start.

"Yeah?" Newt says.

"Minho and Alby aren't back yet and the maze will close soon." I tell them worriedly.

"They'll be back don't worry." Newt simply says.

After about ten minutes they still haven't returned, the gladers start to crowd round the opening waiting for their return. Me, Thomas and Newt are the closest when we spot Minho with an unconscious Alby hauled over on his shoulder.

Minhos  shouting for help while trying to move quick enough to get him and Alby to safety.
The maze doors start closing and they're  a few metres away. Gladers start shouting for Minho to leave Alby and run but he refuses. I thank shuck when I hear he's not leaving Alby, though I know they're not gonna make it.

When the maze doors are about to close I watch Thomas run inside.

Shuck he's gonna die out there. No one's ever spent the night in the maze. His only way of his chances of survival heightening is if someone else is in there with him.