Work part 2 (chapter 7)

Peter's POV:

Suddenly a man walked into the apartment interrupting our conversation.

My cop instincts kicked in and I quickly got up and guarded Megan.

"Relax it's my brother" Megan quickly said

"Megs what the hell is going on? There are rumors about Emmy getting a divorce all over the news" The man said. I'm assuming he is Clay since Megan only talked about one brother.

"What do you mean?" Megan asked panicked.

"I was finishing up late at work when a colleague handed me his phone. He showed me all the stuff about Allister and Emmy"

Clay noticed me listening from the side.

"Who the hell is he and why is he at your house at 3 in the morning?" Clay asked glaring at me.

"It's 3 in the morning?!" Me and Megan asked at the same time.

"Yeah, it is. Now tell me who the fuck you are" Clay looked at me.

"Peterson" I smiled I putting my hand out for him to shake

"Clay" he responded not even bothering to shake or look at my hand.

It was silent for a moment 

"Right well, how did the press know about Emmy and Allister?" Megan asked.

"I don't know."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Emmeline's POV:

I could hear Megan and Peter talking to Clay. After 10 minutes of listening to them talk about me and Allister I got annoyed.

"Can you all just shut up!" I screamed as  I opened the bedroom door.

They all looked at me somewhat scared.

"Emmy..." Clay started.

"Do not" I glared

"I don't need people pitying me or-"

"Emmeline Clarissa Davis King!" Clay yelled with an angry expression.

King.

I was a King now. I didn't even realize it was part of my name.

"You need to let people help you!" He yelled.

"I can't " I whispered as I began tearing up.

Clay walked to me and hugged me. He was a little stiff. I think my somewhat showing belly was weird to him.

After a minute or so he loosened up and he was used to the belly.

I cried as he held me in his arms.

Clay picked me up bridal style and sat on the couch with me in his lap.

He gently pushed my head onto his shoulder and started combing my hair with his fingers. He wrapped his other arm around me.

"Come on" Megan whispered as she tugged on Peter's shirt

"But-" Peter started.

"They have a process. We all do. Just trust me" Megan interrupted

Peter was hesitant but he left with Megan. They went into her room and closed the door.

"Come on kid. Talk" Clay said.

Clay called Me and Megan 'kid' just because he was older by 5 or 6 years.  He's 29 almost 30 while Megan and I are 24.

After a few minutes of me just talking about what was going on I started to calm down. I got off Clay's lap and went to the fridge. I had a sudden craving for pepperoni, cheese sticks, and goldfish.