𝐯𝐢𝐢. DISTANCE.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━distance

distance.  ╱  season one, episode two.
❛ 𝗂 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀. 𝗂 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍
𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝗂𝗍 𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗌, 𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍
𝗐𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝖾, ❜

KENNEDY THORNTON had found that the easiest things could send her into memories like it was nothing. The salty smell of Outer Banks air, the slam of a car door, anything could send her into a spiral that would make her remember the summer she could never forget. Kennedy could believe that she has attachment issues, from her friends to memories that give her ease, she never wanted to even imagine giving them up, she felt as if she would forget how to breathe if the things that she cared about most weren't in her life.

The warm summer air spread throughout her BMW, her hand drifted out the opened driver-side window, slightly swaying along with the wind that controlled her hand like a puppeteer. The radio was cranked with the idea that the sound of the thudding beats would push her constant worry to the back of her head. Kennedy blew a shallow breath past her lips, hoping the impending anxiety bubbling in her stomach would fade.

A familiar song flooded through the speakers, making the hairs on the back of Kennedy's neck stand up. A fond smile twitched on Kennedy's ruby red lips as her fingers bounced again the steering wheel with the beat. Suddenly the afternoon sky transformed into a starry night and the headlight shined vastly over the open road. She wasn't in her trusty black BMW anymore, Kennedy now sat in the driver's seat of her dad's convertible.

"Oh, I love this song," The familiar voice of JJ Maybank spoke through the song. Kennedy rolled her eyes at the familiar first verse of 'Everybody Talks' by the Neon Trees flowing through the speakers.

The chirpy blonde smiled at the words, watching with a content smile as the boy sang along with the song, quite loudly she might add. Kennedy bobbed her head along with the beat, not wanting to get too crazy as she was the driver and mainly she didn't want to fuck up her dad's convertible in any way. JJ's voice cracks at the chorus and a wince found its way to Kennedy's features.

"JJ, you're about to blow out my eardrums," Kennedy groaned, but her voice nonetheless filled with amusement. JJ paid no mind to her words and began singing louder, with a shit-eating smile, knowing he was annoying her. Kennedy slapped his chest quickly before returning the hand to the wheel, "Be quiet, your terrible singing is ruining the song,"

The blond snapped his head towards her, a faux look of offense spreading across his face, "How dare you, I am always told I have a great voice,"

"Well, they're lying," Kennedy teased, a small quirky smile lifted on her lips.