𝐱𝐢. QUEEN OF THE NIGHT.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━queen of the night

queen of the night.  ╱  season one, episode four.
❛ 𝗂'𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗀𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝗎𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌, 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗏𝖾 𝗁𝖾𝗅𝖽 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗂𝗋, 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽'𝗏𝖾 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖾'𝖽 𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾? ❜

DISAPPOINTMENT WAS like a fungus, it grew and grew until nothing good comes out of the world around you. Kennedy felt that the exact moment they couldn't find the gold. It was like all the things they worked for and did weren't remotely worth it. Defeat laid heavy on Kennedy's chest as she packed away the drone into Riley's trunk, she could tell the pogues felt the same way. After they search the wreck three whole times, words began to fade away, and all that was heard were the waves crashing against the boat as they headed back to shore.

Seeing the disappointment laced on the pogues features felt like a stab to the gut, as much as it hurt her, it looked like not retrieving the gold hurt them more. She felt guilty, as she went back to her cushy and lavish house, they were meant to go home with broken dreams and useless hard work on their conscience.

Kennedy sat quietly in her living room after Riley dropped her off. There was a tension in her silence, a frustration that refused to go away. While she didn't try to get her hopes up about the gold, a small part of her wished they did find it. They could all start a new life away from the things that hold them back. Kennedy feels like she's back at square one. She has nothing that can separate herself from the people around her.

Disappointment ached in her body, looking hopelessly around the place that gave her so much pain. She didn't want to call this place home, simply because it wasn't. It was a dark house filled with an underlying tension that doesn't leave, it follows you from room to room, and there's no escape.

She fantasized about leaving this all behind, watching the anger fill her mother's face as she walked out with everything she owned. The satisfaction that would fill her bones, she could already feel the blooming smile bleeding onto her cheeks as she waltzed out of that shithole.

"Kennedy, what are you doing?"

The small girl jumped from her spot on the couch as she lifelessly sat, her mind in a faraway place. Turning, she saw the questioning glance from her brother. She sent him a smile, "Oh ya know, planning my own demise, the usual,"

The boy scoffed, plopping down next to her on the couch, "Did you hear about my boat?"

Kennedy tensed, trying to suppress the knowing look that was trying to spread across her features, "No, what happened?"