Chapter 3: First contact

She had a blank expression on her face. I took a good look at her pale skin and tried to keep a straight face knowing that even though I had tried to keep her company the previous night she had still cried through it.

I sat next to her and she looks at me and then looks away. I don't know how to manage this situation. "Uhh... Hi," I say awkwardly.

She looks back at me with a pained look in her face. "What do you want?" She didn't say it in an insulting way, but it stung a bit.

"I'm the person who was talking to you last night, Seph."

"Yeah I know who you are. I don't know why you are here."

"I just wanted to talk." I respond.

"Well I don't." She says looking away once more. She isn't really big on eye contact.

I've never had a normal conversation with a girl before and this one wasn't a good start. I've read in the few books they let you read in the libraries how a normal conversation goes, but this one wasn't working out too well.

I decided to leave her side and get up when out of nowhere I feel her hand grip my shirt. Without making eye contact, as she normally does, she tugs lightly "I'm sorry... I'm not good at talking."

"I hadn't noticed." I think sarcastically. I wasn't sure it was sarcasm though. Books were my main source of knowladge and they don't really explain tone modulation.

I sit back down next to her and she loosens her grip. "Don't worry about it. This is actually the first normal conversation I've had in years." Even if I was acting calm on the outside I was overjoyed on the inside. Words could not describe how I felt at that moment. People who don't live like me wouldn't get my feelings, but this is the best thing that's happened in my life so far.